Volunteer with Niteline
Become a Volunteer with Niteline!
Recruitment for volunteers is closed for the academic year of 2016/17.
Niteline is a confidential, non-judgemental, non-directive, anonymous listening service for students run by students.
The service operates each Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night from 9pm-1am during the college year.
Criteria for Selection for Telephone Volunteers
Volunteers are chosen for their ability to listen and accept rather than for any other professional qualifications that they may have.
What is required of you?
- Be a UCC student during the academic year for which you are volunteering
- Take part in group interviews with the PASS Coordinator and Niteline Committee
- Take part in training provided by the Samaritans (6 Monday Evenings generally)
- Attend monthly meetings with other volunteers
- Fulfil two nights on duty each month
- Participate in promotional activities for Niteline
In order to ensure absolute confidentiality PLEASE DO NOT TELL ANYONE that you are applying to become a Niteline volunteer.
20 minute group interviews will be scheduled. You will be advised of the time after the closing date for applications.
Training will take place over 6 Monday evenings from 7-9pm generally. Volunteers must attend all training sessions.
- Contact Dave on email@example.com with any queries