Paramedic Studies - Practitioner Entry
BSc Hons Paramedic Studies - (Practitioner Entry)
Our Bachelor of Science (Hons) Paramedic Studies (Practitioner Entry) degree is aimed at building on the foundations provided by prehospital emergency care programmes and professional experience. It is designed to develop skills and knowledge applicable to current practice and specialist areas assisting you in your professional development and life-long learning.
This is a two-year, Level 8 programme open to practising Paramedics who wish to advance their careers. This programme is aimed at building on the foundations provided by pre-registration programmes and professional experience. It is designed to develop skills and knowledge applicable to current practice in general and specialist areas.
This programme takes into account the challenges of managing a job while studying by delivering teaching using a blended learning approach of e-learning and participation in workshops. The idea is to support you as you learn in a university with state-of-the-art facilities and experienced staff.
The application process will reopen in 2021.
On completion of this programme, it is expected that you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an awareness of paramedical science from a multidisciplinary perspective including, anatomy, epidemiology and public health, medico-legal, nursing, pharmacology, physiology and psychology
- Demonstrate an awareness of contemporary issues in the field of paramedical practice and sciences; displaying understanding on the importance of continuous professional development and lifelong learning
- Apply a holistic and integrated approach to paramedic practice
- Be sensitive to contemporary issues within socially and culturally diverse communities and prepare to respond effectively to such issues during paramedic practice
- Examine current research and developments in paramedics and evaluate your implications in the paramedic profession
- Carry out a focused piece of scholarly research in the area of paramedical science
How to apply
The application form is available here.
Further information on this programme is available from the following link: http://www.ucc.ie/en/study/undergrad/courses/paramedicstudies/.