Prep for Med
Prep for Medicine & Health 2021
Prep for Medicine & Health event on Wednesday 14th April 2021 live event
For the past 10 years the School of Medicine has ran the very successful ‘Prep for Med’ day for transition year secondary school students from across the region. The day was originally aimed at TY students who may be considering a career in medicine but also specifically at the career guidance teachers who would accompany them to visit both BHSC and CUH. The day has proved very popular with students, and now features widely among school diaries and social media. A selection of the videos from the day can be seen below:
As the day enters its tenth year, and particularly given the difficult year it has been for universities and secondary schools alike, we have decided to expand it to the schools of the CoMH:
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing & Midwifery
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Clinical Therapies
- School of Dentistry
- School of Public Health
The event will be a fully virtual event where:
- Each school from the college will have a one-hour slot.
- The first 30 minutes would involve a tour around the facilities used at the university.
- The second 30 minutes would switch to CUH where a specialist working in that specific clinical area will describe what it is like to be a specialist in their field.
- Questions from students will be invited in advance and answered by the relevant university or clinical representative.
This year the charity partner for the event will be the Breda McGrath memorial fund through the CUH charity which helps cancer patients in financial difficulties through their treatment. https://www.cuhcharity.ie/cancerservicesappeals/
We are asking students to devise novel and COVID responsible ways of raising funds for this appeal with the best ideas receiving customised CUH scrubs.
The College of Medicine & Health is committed to the delivery of Prep for Medicine & Health event 2021. The College of Medicine & Health are cognisant of their responsibility to ensure the event is delivered in line with University policies in relation to Covid-19 and to this effect are planning for a fully virtual event.
Links and schedule of the event will be circulated nearer the date.
Registration for the event is closed.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org