Welcome to the UCC Assessment Hub. We've created this site to help academic staff deliver end-of-module and continuous assessments in the changing environment necessitated by the evolving COVID-19 restrictions. This site contains advice about designing online assessment as well as links to UCC offices and services to support the assessment process.
The Exams Business Continuity Group has also compiled a brief guide to support module co-ordinators in preparing for online examinations: Online Examinations - Guide for Module Co-ordinators.
No Academic Disadvantage Frequently Asked Questions can be found here. You can download Repeat and Re-Sit Worked Examples as a PDF here: No Academic Disadvantage: A Practical Guide (Worked Examples).
Assessment Matters Information Session
Dr Siobhán Cusack (Examinations and Records Officer), Dr Joan Buckley (Chair, Mitigation Committee), and Mr Daniel Blackshields (Former Examination Appeals Officer) ran two Assessment Matters information sessions on 20 and 22 April 2021. The sessions covered common assessment policies and procedures including Mitigation, Plagiarism and Appeals, and the No Academic Disadvantage policy. A recording of the session is now available (click here to view in SharePoint) or click here to download a PDF of the presentation. You can also submit your own questions via this short Assessment Matters Information Session query form which will be available until 5th May.
Additionally, Dr Siobhán Cusack spoke with Clíodhna O'Callaghan as part of the Teach Digi, Ag Caint series. Click here to view the conversation discussing how the Student Records and Examinations Office (SREO) responded to the COVID-19 crisis by moving online including: no academic disadvantage, mitigation, academic integrity, academic transcripts, and online invigilation.
Specifically, this site includes information on:
- Assessment Key Dates: information on key dates relating to scheduling of exams and the provisional release of marks
- Assessment Design: guidance on how to design online assessments and ensuring an effective exam process
- Assessment Delivery: information on the available technology platforms and considerations for supporting DSS students
- Assessment Grading: details on exam boards, viewing scripts, returning marks, and preparing for exam boards
- Assessment Policies: information on UCC policy guidance on key issues such as mitigation, plagiarism, and the appeals process
- Assessment Services: an overview of the offices and contacts who provide assessment services such as the exam timetables, exam paper cover sheets, scheduling of exam boards, accessing broadsheets, etc.
- Using Canvas for Assessment: some tips and checklists when preparing to use Canvas Quizzes or Assignments