Welcome to the UCC Assessment Hub. We've created this site to help academic staff deliver end-of-module and continuous assessments in the changing environment necessitated by the evolving COVID-19 restrictions. This site contains advice about designing online assessment as well as links to UCC offices and services to support the assessment process.
Specifically, this site includes information on:
- Assessment Key Dates: information on key dates relating to scheduling of exams and the provisional release of marks
- Assessment Design: guidance on how to design online assessments and ensuring an effective exam process
- Assessment Delivery: information on the available technology platforms and considerations for supporting DSS students
- Assessment Grading: details on exam boards, viewing scripts, returning marks, and preparing for exam boards
- Assessment Policies: information on UCC policy guidance on key issues such as mitigation, plagiarism, and the appeals process
- Assessment Services: an overview of the offices and contacts who provide assessment services such as the exam timetables, exam paper cover sheets, scheduling of exam boards, accessing broadsheets, etc.
- Using Canvas for Assessment: some tips and checklists when preparing to use Canvas Quizzes or Assignments
The Exams Business Continuity Group has also compiled a brief guide to support module co-ordinators in preparing for online examinations. Semester 1 Online Examinations - Guide for Module Co-ordinators.