Competition now open to all BComm International (German) students! The "GILBA Student Award" for excellence in German
In association with the German-Irish Lawyers and Business Association, GILBA, the Department of German is very happy to award two prizes for 2021. The competition is open to all BComm International (German) students currently in UCC.
- x1 award: overall best BComm International (German) student in German language (based on class engagement and end-of-semester results)
- x1 award: best BComm International student (based on class performance and end-of-semester results in content modules)
The award comprises:
• Prize money: €250
• GILBA student membership for one year
• A certificate documenting each student's achievement (eine Urkunde) presented at an award ceremony, typically with the Irish or German Ambassador(s) and other GILBA Prize winners from across Ireland. The awards ceremony is co-organised by a different University each year.
• This year (2021 only): GILBA will also cover the student fees for the GILBA conference 2021 in Galway for award winners (date to be confirmed).
Note: Attendance and coursework completion suffices to be eligible. Staff at the Department of German will make the nominations to GILBA.
GILBA stands for the German-Irish Lawyers and Business Association, founded in 1988. GILBA is an active network of Irish and German companies, law firms, lawyers and business people, with regular events, panel discussions (webinars for now), conferences and outreach activities on campus. GILBA is thrilled to be able to recognise students' achievements and looks forward to meeting the prize winners who will be a welcome addition to their professional network.
For more on this story contact: