General Information for Postgraduate Research Degree Students
Information for Postgraduate Research Students
To apply for a Research Degree with the School of Education:
- Prospective applicants need to familiarise themselves with the research expertise of School of Education staff. A list of academic staff in the School of Education is available at the following link: Academic Staff.
- Prospective applicants who approach the School will be encouraged to submit a CV and a 500 word outline of a research area using the Research Outline Form. The Research Outline Form can be downloaded at the following link: Research Outline Form School of Education. This form and a CV should be sent to both Anita Cronin (email@example.com) and Claire Dooley (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Head of School will review the outline and decide if the applicant should be invited to submit a more substantial (1500 word) proposal, using the Higher Degree by Thesis Proposal Form. The form and success criteria can be downloaded at the following link: Higher Degree by Thesis Proposal Form and Success Criteria.
- A subcommittee of the School of Education Research and Graduate Studies Committee (RGSC) will review any full proposal received in addition to which an external opinion might also be sought (particularly in the case of interdisciplinary areas). An interview may be suggested. This decision will be minuted at the next RGSC meeting.
- On acceptance, the Head of School will nominate a supervisor or supervisors, following which the student will be invited to submit an application to www.ucc.ie/en/apply , and the formal application process begins.
- If not successful, the Head of School will communicate with the prospective student.
- A formal application must not be submitted until steps 1-4 are completed.
For further information on qualifications needed for a Research Degree please visit: https://www.ucc.ie/en/study/postgrad/how/research/