Skip to main content

Student FAQs

How can I access my programme calendar?

Undergraduate students can access their calendar details in the Undergraduate Programmes section of the University Calendar. Information and details of postgraduate programmes are given in the Postgraduate Programmes section of the University Calendar.

How do I change subjects (undergraduate programmes)?

You can request to change subjects by completing the Student Request Form on the College of Arts, Celtic Studies & Social Sciences (CACSSS) website

How do I apply for Garda Vetting?

You can apply for Garda Vetting on the Admissions Office website or by emailing 

How do I apply for a Leave of Absence?

You can apply for a leave of absence by filling out the Leave of Absence form on the CACSSS website.

How do I withdraw from a programme?

If you are thinking of withdrawing from a programme, please contact your programme director or year coordinator immediately.  

Teaching Council Queries

Newly qualified teachers 

  • Newly qualified teachers can access the initial teacher education programme requirements and standards on the Teaching Council website.

School Placement

Code of Professional Conduct

PME Specific Queries

General Programme Queries

Teaching Council

Pathway to the PME

  • Learn more about MTU/UCC cooperation to offer Home Economics as a subject on the MTU website

BEd Science Education

This Frequently Asked Questions 2024 has been designed to answer questions that have been frequently asked by students about the programme. The official documentation provided by UCC contains the definitive rules and regulations and all prospective science education students are recommended to read this documentation on the UCC website.

School of Education

Scoil an Oideachais

Leeholme, O'Donovan's Road, Cork, Ireland