How do I change subjects (undergraduate programmes)?
You can request to change subjects by completing the Student Request Form on the College of Arts, Celtic Studies & Social Sciences (CACSSS) website.
How do I apply for a Leave of Absence?
You can apply for a leave of absence by filling out the Leave of Absence form on the CACSSS website.
How do I withdraw from a programme?
If you are thinking of withdrawing from a programme, please contact your programme director or year coordinator immediately.
Teaching Council Queries
Newly qualified teachers
- Newly qualified teachers can access the initial teacher education programme requirements and standards on the Teaching Council website.
- The Teaching Council Guidelines on school placement can be viewed on the Teaching Council website.
Code of Professional Conduct
- The Teaching Council Code of Professional Conduct for Teachers is available on the Teaching Council website.
PME Specific Queries
General Programme Queries
- You can access the PME PAC portal on the PAC website.
- Calendar details for the PME are available on the University Calendar.
- You can view the PME prospectus on the Graduate Studies website.
- The prospectus for the PME Art & Design can be viewed on the Graduate Studies website.
- The Teaching Council specific subject requirements for all subjects can be viewed on the Teaching Council website.
- Teaching Council Subject Declaration Forms for all subjects are available on the Teaching Council website.
Pathway to the PME
- Learn more about MTU/UCC cooperation to offer Home Economics as a subject on the MTU website.
BEd Science Education
This BEd Science Frequently Asked Questions 2022.23 has been designed to answer questions that have been frequently asked by students about the programme. The official documentation provided by UCC contains the definitive rules and regulations and all prospective science education students are recommended to read this documentation on the UCC website.