About This Course
Personal and Management Coaching
NFQ Award Title
€3,100 per academic year. See Fees and Costs for full details.
NFQ Level 8 honours degree or level 8 Higher Diploma, in which at least a second class honours was awarded. See Requirements for full details.
This programme will equip graduates to implement coaching in diverse settings such as business, leadership development, life balance, personal coaching, health care, social care, career coaching, sports coaching, performance and change management. coaching is now recognised as a key component in increasing performance, achieving goals and optimising personal and group effectiveness. existing models of coaching are now being applied in wider contexts and in emerging new settings. this programme will assist students to develop new skills to meet increasingly complex life and management challenges and to practice these coaching skills to the highest standards. graduates of the post graduate certificate programme may apply for membership of the association for coaching.
Upon completion students should be able to:
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of the role of relationship in the coaching conversation or intervention.
- Implement an integrated approach to coaching drawing on appropriate approaches and coaching models
- Implement coaching in the development of effective leadership and within the process of managing change
- Practice and integrate emotional intelligence within the coaching process through effective self-management, mindfulness and heighten personal and social awareness
- Draw on reflective practice as a means of learning and develop effective writing skills with the use of journal keeping
- Coach within ethical and professional boundaries following an established code of ethics and supervision
Lectures take place over six weekends with occasional Friday Workshops. Students will receive four coaching sessions at their own cost.
Delivered in UCC and Dublin
Continuous assessment based on academic essays, reflective assignments, coaching competencies and presentations.
Who Teaches this Course
Staff of Adult and Continuing Education
Why Choose This Course
The Post Graduate Certificate in Personal and Management Coaching can be used as a building block towards a Masters in Personal and Management Coaching, see related course on this page. A Masters requires the completion of 90 credits, the PG Cert provides you with 30 of these credits. For further information on how to build on this qualification towards a Master please contact the Programme Co Ordinator.
- NFQ Level 8 honours degree or level 8 Higher Diploma, in which at least a second class honours was awarded.
- Applicants are required to supply two written references. One reference must be a professional reference.
- Applicants may be required to attend for interview as part of the application process.
- The English Language Requirements for applicants whose first language is not English must have attained IELTS Level 6.5 or the equivalent TOEFL score
Final selection of candidates will be subject to the approval of the Programme Team.
Fees and Costs
€3,100 per academic year.
Students who are registered on this programme are eligible to apply for the Financial Aid Fund for Part Time Students. Eligibility criteria applies. For more information see https://www.ucc.ie/en/finaidpt
How Do I Apply
Applications will re-open in 2019 for the 2019-2020 academic year. TBC
Year 1 Modules
- AD6001: The Coaching Relationship (5 credits)
The coaching relationship, history of coaching, coaching qualities, skills and competencies.
- AD6002: Coaching Approaches and Skills (5 credits)
Person centred coaching, transference and counter transference, goal setting, an integrated approach to coaching.
- AD6003: Coaching Practicum (20 credits)
Learning through participation in a work setting, supervision, record keeping, reflective writing, written and oral presentations, ethics in coaching and developmental plan.