About This Course
Operator Development (Pharma Manufacturing)
€2,250 See Fees and Costs for full details.
See Requirements for full details.
11th September 2020
The Certificate in Operator Development (Pharma Manufacturing) provides essential knowledge and skill development for the role of operator in a pharma manufacturing environment. Tailored specifically for those currently in or seeking operator roles, the programme aims to equip participants with the skills demanded by pharma facilities in Ireland today. Specifically, the programme provides a complementary set of modules which allow the student to explore topics such as personal effectiveness, communication skills, motivation, delivery constructive feedback, following standard operating procedures, as well as more technical areas such as pharmaceutical unit operations, workplace health and safety systems, risk management, cleanroom operations, quality and cGMP compliance systems.
The Certificate in Operator Development (Pharma Manufacturing) provides a complementary set of modules which allow the student to explore topics such as personal effectiveness, communication skills, motivation, delivering constructive feedback, following standard operating procedures, as well as more technical areas such as pharmaceutical unit operations, workplace health and safety systems, supply chain management, risk management, cleanroom operations, quality and cGMP compliance systems.
Students will complete 30 credits as follows:
* Personal Effectiveness : Offers opportunity to explore effectiveness of key interpersonal skills
* Technical Effectiveness I (Health, Safety & Environment): Introduction to key concepts related to health, safety & environment in the workplace
* Technical Effectiveness II (Pharma Manufacturing) : Introduction to processes & operations within tableting/manufacturing environment
* Introduction to Supply Chain Management: Introduce the main components of supply chains and the key factors that impact on supply chain management
Why Choose This Course
The programme supports the adoption of new and enhanced approaches for students to optimise performance and impact onsite. For those hoping to gain employment in the role of operator, the programme offers participants the chance to become familiar with key workplace concepts, terminology and procedures while being supported in actively planning and preparing for their future careers within the sector. Therefore the programme offers transferability of knowledge and skills across operator roles and sites within the Pharma sector.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by 1 January of the year of application
- Normally have Leaving Certificate or FETAC Level 5 or an equivalent qualification
- English Language Requirement: All applicants whose first language is not English must have attained IELTS Level 6 or the equivalent TOEFL score
Fees and Costs
Funding may be available via the Springboard+ scheme for this programme. Please see https://springboardcourses.ie/ to check your eligibility.
For further information on fees and financial supports please click here.
How Do I Apply
During your online application you will be required to upload the following documents:
- Birth Cert or Passport
- Passport Photograph
- English Language Test Report [if applicable]
- Transcripts [if applicable]
NOTE: Once you have selected your course your application saves automatically. If you don't complete your application in one session you can access your draft application in the "My Applications" section of the UCC360 application portal. The My Applications section will also keep you updated on the status of your application.