Manual handling is a mandatory course that must be undertaken by all staff every 3 years.
Next available dates
About this course
The initial & refresher course must be completed by all staff every 3 years.
The aim of the course is to provide skills and knowledge to be proficient in manual handling operations and in doing so, to minimise the risk of injury.
- Legislation relating to manual handling
- Anatomy & ergonomics
- Manual handling principles and techniques
- Manual handling risk assessment
- Practical exercise
On completion of the manual handling course, participants will be able to:
- List the key aspects of current manual handling regulations.
- Identify and know how to prevent manual handling injuries.
- Understand the limitations and strengths of the human body in relation to lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying etc. and sedentary work activities
- Apply tile principles to moving and handling.
- Lift and move objects safely.contribute to the development of a departmental safety statement and manual handling risk assessments