- CSIR-UGC-NET- National Eligibility Test for Post graduate teaching and Research in India, Government of India
- GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, funding or fellowship for Research, Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Government of India
- Junior Research Fellowship, Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Government of India (2009-2012)
- Senior Research Fellowship, Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Government of India (2012-2014)
- Development of Compact Instrumentation for Atmospheric Application. Experience includes Cavity Enhanced Absorption Spectroscopy, Nephelometer, and Open path laser transmissometer.
- Atmospheric Optics and Environmental Monitoring for Gases and Aerosols
- Molecular spectroscopy and fingerprints measurements.
- S. Chandran, P. Ashok, R.Varma, and A. Sujith;
The real time optical transmittance of swollen natural rubber/Poly (ethylene-co-vinyl acetate) blends
Journal of Polymer Engineering (under revision)
- S. Chandran, P. Ashok, P. Anin, A. Sujith, and R. Varma;
Accurate real time optical transmission study of vulcanized poly (ethylene-co-vinyl acetate) in aromatic solvent
AIP Conf. Proc. 1536, 861 , 2013, DOI::http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4810500.
- S. Chandran, P. Anin, R. Varma;
Detection of NO2 using cavity enhanced absorption spectroscopy in 405 nm regime
International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 4, Issue 11 , 2013, ISSN 2229-5518
- Chandran, P. M. S, C. P. Krishnakumar, W. Yuen, M. J. Rood and R. Varma;
An Open-path Laser Transmissometer for Atmospheric Extinction Measurements,
AIP Conf. Proc. 1391, 288 - 290 2011, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.3646865.
- Member: American Geophysical Union
- Organising Committee Member, One day workshop on "Spectroscopy: Instrumentation and Measurements, A workshop organized for Postgraduate teachers and researchers at NITC during 11-1-2014. (Coordinator: Dr. M.K Ravi Varma)
- Organising Committee Member, "OPTICS'11 - A conference on Light" [Optics: Phenomena, Materials, Devices, and Characterisation], held in National Institute of Technology Calicut during May 23 - 25, 2011. (Convenor: Prof. P. Predeep)
- Organising Committee Member, "INSPIRE-2010", a winter science camp organized for 11th standard students at NITC during 18 - 22 December, 2010. (Coordinator: Prof. P. Predeep)
- 2015-Present: Research Assistant, Laser Spectroscopy Group, University College Cork, Ireland.
- 2009-2015: Research scholar and Teaching Assistant, Applied Optics and Instrumentation group, Physics department, National Institute of Technology Calicut, India
- 2011-2012: Visiting Student trainee, Laser Spectroscopy Group, University College Cork, Ireland, October 2011-April 2012.
- 2014: Visiting Student trainee, Laser Spectroscopy Group, University College Cork, Ireland, April 2014-Decemeber 2014 (Under travel fellowship from Science Federation of Ireland, ISCA India Award Code: SFI/13/ISCA/2844)
- 2006-2009: Visiting Teacher: Training Students for Various Competitive Examinations in Engineering field in T.I.M.E Pvt. LTD
Two beam cavity enhanced absorption spectrometer for atmospheric trace gas sensing, E-poster presented in American Geophysical Union, Meeting, Montreal Canada, May 3-7, 2015
Incoherent broad-band cavity enhanced absorption spectroscopy for sensing environmental ethers, Poster presented at International Conference on Frontiers of spectroscopy, Banaras Hindu university, India, January 10-12 , 2015
Accurate real time optical transmission study of vulcanized poly (ethylene-co-vinyl acetate) in aromatic solvent. Paper presented at International conference on Recent Trends in Applied Physics and Material Science, Government College of Engineering and Technology, Bikaner, India, February 1-2, 2013
An Open-path Laser Transmissometer for Atmospheric Extinction Measurements. Paper presented at "Optics 11", International Conference on Light, National Institute of Technology Calicut, India, May 23-25, 2011