EYCS Postgraduate Opportunities
This interdisciplinary degree qualifies graduates to play leading roles in childcare and education provision and pursue further academic and research opportunities in diverse fields.
The majority of past graduates have found employment in the childcare sector. The recent introduction of the ECCE Scheme by the government (with the benefit of increased capitation grants for centres with staff qualified to degree level in Early Years and Childhood or cognate areas) will serve to greatly enhance opportunities in the sector. New opportunities are also now emerging in non-governmental organisations and community-based settings.
A significant proportion of graduates have followed this degree with Postgraduate Diplomas in Primary Teaching; others have pursued postgraduate study for qualifications in Social Work and Youth and Community Work; some graduates have found employment in the field of Psychology, having progressed from the BA to postgraduate study in this discipline; several graduates now lecture in Childcare/Childhood Studies on PLC Courses and at Third Level.
Please click on this Link for information on the Early Years and Childhood Studies Employability Pathways.
On completion of the EYCS Programme, Postgraduate Options include:
- Masters in Social Work
- MSocSc (Social Policy) Specialist Pathway (Children and Young People)
- MSc in Audiology
- MA in Women's Studies
- M.Sc. Speech and Language Therapy
- M.Sc. Occupational Therapy
- Higher Diploma in Applied Psychology
- MA in Guidance Counselling
- Professional Masters of Education (Primary Teaching Qualification)
- Higher Diploma in Arts in Early Childhood Montessori Education
- Masters in Child, Family and Community Studies
- MPhil/PhD in Education
- MA in Teaching Visual Arts in Primary & Early Years Education
Click here with regard to further information on careers for Early Years and Childhood Studies Graduates.