|Fees||• Non-EU fee of €2,050 - 10 credit module. • EU fee of €900 - 10 credit module. See Fees and Costs for full details.|
|Closing Date||1st March 2024|
Timetable with exact location details in Brookfield Health & Science Complex will be confirmed closer to the date and once registration is complete.
|Start Date||7th-9th March 2023 ( 3 days)|
Module Objective: To integrate perspectives affecting hearing-related communication abilities in children and adults, to related disciplines in health and education, using evidence based research and best practice guidelines.
Module Content: Hearing across the lifespan, in the context of development and adaptation within the following domains: communication, cognition, emotional and social skills.
Learning Outcomes: On successful completion of this module, students should be able to:
- Determine the stages of communicative, socio-emotional and cognitive development in children with and without hearing loss.
- Evaluate from current research findings how a hearing loss can influence development in the areas of spoken language and literacy.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of evidence-based assessments used to evaluate the languages of deaf children, including bilingual deaf children.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the cognitive, social and educational challenges for children with and without hearing loss.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the effects of late-onset or acquired hearing loss on communication in children and adults.
Mode of delivery to be confirmed for enquiries see contact information. This module can be also be attended for CPD (non credit bearing) purposes https://www.ucc.ie/en/cpd/options/medhealth/clinicaltherapies/cpd1707/
The requirements are aligned with the requirements of the MSc Hearing, Balance and Communication Postgraduate Programme. Please see following link (https://www.ucc.ie/en/ckx27/) for more information.
Fees and Costs
• Non-EU Fee €2,050 for this 10 credit module.
• EU Fee €900 for this 10 credit module.
There is also a €35 application fee payable on-line.
How To Apply
- To apply for this module please log on to the UCC APPLY page and create an account.
- Gather any additional documents required (including a passport-style photo), copy of your degree parchment if not a previous UCC graduate.
- An application fee of €35 will be payable on submission of your application via the same platform.
- For more information on registering online click https://www.ucc.ie/en/cpd/options/faqs/cpdregistration/ registration