|Teaching Mode||Part-Time. See Additional Teaching Mode Information for more info.|
|Fees||€900 EU fee €2,050 non- EU fee See Fees and Costs for full details.|
|Closing Date||31st August 2023|
|Non-EU Closing Date||N/A|
Timetable with exact location details in Brookfield Health & Science Complex will be confirmed closer to the date and once registration is complete.
|Start Date||7th to 9th September 2023|
Learning Objective: To provide a detailed overview of the theories of generation of tinnitus and hyperacusis and the models of assessment and management.
Module Content: The module will discuss different theories of generation of tinnitus and hyperacusis and models of assessment and management. This will include:
- Theories of the generation of tinnitus both from the peripheral and the central auditory pathway
- Evidence for the efficacy of early intervention in tinnitus and hyperacusis management
- An understanding of how tinnitus and hyperacusis affect the quality of life of both patients and their families
- Literature related to the evidence base of different management protocols of tinnitus and hyperacusis in adult populations
A mission of the module is to engage a diverse group of allied health, educational and medical professionals in expanding and progressing their professional capacities in relation to hearing and balance related patient needs. A distinct benefit of the module is the opportunity for networking across the disciplines.
Additional Teaching Mode Information
3 Day Module
Mode of delivery to be confirmed for enquiries see contact information.
This module can be also be attended for CPD (non credit bearing) purposes https://www.ucc.ie/en/cpd/options/medhealth/clinicaltherapies/cpd1770/
The requirements are aligned with the requirements of the MSc Hearing, Balance and Communication Postgraduate Programme.
Please see following link https://www.ucc.ie/en/ckx27/ for more information.
Fees and Costs
€900 EU fee
€2,050 non- EU fee
How To Apply
- To apply for this module please log on to the UCC APPLY page and create an account.
- Gather any additional documents required (including a passport-style photo), copy of your degree parchment if not a previous UCC graduate.
- An application fee of €35 will be payable on submission of your application via the same platform.
- For more information on registering online click https://www.ucc.ie/en/cpd/options/faqs/cpdregistration/