Register Now to ensure a space on this course.
Spaces are limited and are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Course Code: CPD1621
Course Title: An Introduction to Clinical Pastoral Education for Healthcare Professionals
College: Medicine and Health
Duration: Starting 17th January 2018, the course will be for 3 hrs on Wednesday evenings over 10 weeks
Teaching Mode: Part-Time
NFQ Level: N/A
Costs: €180 per person
An Introduction to Clinical Pastoral Education will introduce healthcare professionals to the role of spirituality in clinical care, self awareness, reflective practice, personal, pastoral and professional identity, communication, listening and responding skills, empathy, teamwork, self-care, introduction to grief and loss, spiritual assessment and referral, spiritual pain. Drawing from the principles of Clinical Pastoral Education, participants will, with accredited supervisors, explore the use of self in caring relationships and develop skills for pastoral care in a healthcare environment.
Starting 17th January 2018
The Course will be delivered in a series of 3 hour workshops and lectures and participants will cover the following topics;
1.Introduction to action/reflection model of learning.
2. What is spirituality?
3. Personal, pastoral and professional identity
4. Communication, listening and responding skills.
5. Intra-personal and Inter personal skills, empathy,self care and teamwork.
6. Introduction to grief and loss.
7. Introduction to Reflective Practice.
8. Scope and impact of the pastoral role including boundaries, confidentiality and privacy.
9. Spiritual Care, what is it? Who does it? Spiritual pain; assessment and referral in clinical practice.
10. Review of course and integrating the course components into clinical practice.
The course is aimed at all Healthcare professionals with direct clinical care and College Staff.
It has been accredited by the Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (Ireland) Ltd.
Approved for CPD/CME by:
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland : Category 1, 30 CEUs
RCPI : 30 CPD points (live educational event).
A Certificate of Completion will be awared by UCC in conjuction with ACPE (Ireland).
UCC Campus, Cork University Hospital
Exact Location and Times to be confirmed on registration
Dr Daniel Nuzum,
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology,
School of Medicine, UCC