An Introduction to Clinical Pastoral Education for Healthcare Professionals
3 hours per week; Wednesdays 18:30 - 21:30 PM
Part-Time. See Additional Teaching Mode Information for more info.
Cert of Attendance
Early Bird Fee €300.00 until 31st January 2020 Registration Fee €325.00 from 1st February 2020 See Fees and Costs for full details.
No entry requirements See Requirements for full details.
28th February 2020
Cork University Maternity Hospital
Professional Accrediting Body
This course has been accredited by the Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (Ireland) Ltd. Category 1 Approval from Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland RCPI
Start date 4th March 2020
An Introduction to Clinical Pastoral Education will introduce healthcare professionals to the role of spirituality in clinical care, self awareness, reflective practice, personal, pastoral and professional identity, communication, listening and responding skills, empathy, teamwork, self-care, introduction to grief and loss, spiritual assessment and referral, spiritual pain. Drawing from the principles of Clinical Pastoral Education, participants will, with accredited supervisors, explore the use of self in caring relationships and develop skills for pastoral care in a healthcare environment.
Applications are now open
Starting Wednesday 4th March 2020
The Course will be delivered in a series of 3 hour workshops and lectures and participants will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to action/reflection model of learning.
- What is spirituality?
- Personal, pastoral and professional identity
- Communication, listening and responding skills.
- Intra-personal and Inter personal skills, empathy,self care and teamwork.
- Introduction to grief and loss.
- Introduction to Reflective Practice.
- Scope and impact of the pastoral role including boundaries, confidentiality and privacy.
- Spiritual Care, what is it? Who does it? Spiritual pain; assessment and referral in clinical practice.
- Review of course and integrating the course components into clinical practice.
The course is aimed at all Healthcare professionals with direct clinical care and College Staff.
It has been accredited by the Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (Ireland) Ltd.
Approved for CPD/CME by:
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland : Category 1, 30 CEUs
RCPI : 30 CPD points (live educational event).
A Certificate of Completion will be awared by UCC in conjuction with ACPE (Ireland).
Additional Teaching Mode Information
10 weeks of lectures, 3 hours per lecture
Who Teaches this Course
Dr Daniel Nuzum,
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology,
School of Medicine, UCC
No Entry Requirements
Fees and Costs
- €300.00 Early Bird Fee for Registrations made between 8th January to 31st January 2020
- €325.00 Registration Fee - From 1st February to 28th February 2020
How Do I Apply
Applications for March 2020 are now open.
Please click on the Apply Now Link below.
Early Bird Fee applies only until 31st January 2020