Together During COVID19
Information for UCC Staff and Students
Across the University staff and students are volunteering and innovating, working together with communities and social partners, to proactively respond to the short and longer term social, civic and community challenges presented by the COVID19 crisis. This civic and community engagement work of the University is making an important contribution.
As a priority first step, we want to map, collate and communicate in a coordinated way all of the extraordinary initiatives that UCC staff and students are developing together with communities and external partners and in support of the wider public collective effort.
Watch this short presentation about civic and community intiatives during COVID19.
We are asking UCC staff and students who are developing or are thinking about developing external or community focused responses to COVID-19 and beyond, to register those initiatives now and on an ongoing basis.
- The 'Register Your Initiative' button will open an on-line form.
- A UCC staff or student contact should be nominated as lead contact for the initiative.
- A central database will collect the data about these initiatives.
- A website will be developed and content curated to communicate with public, community and social partners in a meaningful and impactful way.
- Initiatives may be selected by the Office of Marketing and Communications in consultation with the University Emergency Management Team as suitable for wider media - please identify if there is a particular story that could be developed to help raise awareness of your initiative
Register your intitiative now with this online form.
Going forward we will:
- Develop a public facing website and other communications to help clearly signpost the initiatives being developed so that the public, community partners, government and wider public sector can easily connect and engage with UCC;
- In partnership with UCC Marketing and Communications, support engagement and coherent communications with our local communities, community groups and civic stakeholders;
- Work in alignment with the Emergency Management Teams dedicated webpages providing essential COVID updates and information to staff and students, for clear and trusted information;
- Build the knowledge, data and evidence base for responsive civically engaged universities;
- Engage with national and international networks across the higher education sector on shared learning and best practice for civic engagement during COVID19.
Information for Community Partners
If you are a community group, civil society organisation or NGO and would like to work together with UCC to deliver a project in response to COVID19 please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com including a phone number we can contact you on. We welcome your enquiries and will call you to discuss your project idea.
All and any queries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For essential and up to date information for University staff and students on safety, welfare, services and supports, visit UCC's Emergency Management Teams COVID-19 pages.