|Duration||3 teaching periods|
|Teaching Mode||Part-Time. See Additional Teaching Mode Information for more info.|
|NFQ Level||Level 7|
|NFQ Award Title||Special purpose|
|Fees||Course fees are collected by the L&DI. See Fees and Costs for full details.|
|Closing Date||27 September 2023|
|Next Intake||September 2023|
|Start Date||September 2023|
The Diploma in Learning and Development Practice, offered in partnership with the Learning and Development Institute, aims to provide a structured and authentic learning opportunity for those wishing to acquire an academic and practical knowledge of the learning and development profession. In addition it aims to arm the student with a practical skill repertoire to give him/her standing within the learning and development profession as strategic business partner utilising impactful learning and development intervention. The Diploma in Learning and Development Practice is intended for those involved in learning and development in organisations and those self-employed within the private training provider industry, including those who currently are not in employment. It is also applicable to those who are entering the learning and development profession as well as those involved in the administration of training wishing to enhance their knowledge and skill set in this field.
Throughout this programme the student will be guided through an academic grounding and practical skill development across the span of the learning and development specialist’s role.
Students take modules to the value of 60 credits as follows:
- AD1023: Learning and Development in Organisations
- AD1024: Positioning Learning and Development in Organisations
- AD1025: Designing Learning and Development Activities
- AD1026: Measuring Effectiveness of Learning and Development
- AD2011: Coaching and Mentoring in Organisations
- AD2013: Contemporary Developments in Learning and Development
- AD2014: Becoming a Learning and Development Specialist
- AD2039: Technology Enhanced Learning
Those exiting with modules AD1023, AD1024, AD1025, and AD1026 will be awarded a Certificate in Learning and Development Practice.
For Online Application Support please click here.
If you require further assistance with your online application please contact the Programme Administrator Louise Fleming at email@example.com.
Additional Teaching Mode Information
This is a part-time programme, delivered over three defined teaching periods via blocks of learning there within. Lectures will take place on Fridays and Saturdays from 9.00am to 5.00pm. (Those wishing to exit following the completion of the first 30 credits will leave with the award of a Certificate in Learning and Development Practice).
The Programme is delivered through attendance at lectures and facilitated workshop events, Self-study using dedicated learning materials.
The Diploma in Learning and Development Practice utilises a range of continuous assessment approaches including work-based assignment, presentation, online discussion forum and CPD Planning.
Why Choose This Course
Following completion of this programme the student can use the qualification to pursue a career in learning and development provision; ranging from learning event design to the delivery of training, in a variety of organisational settings. Students could also pursue the delivery of learning needs assessment on a consultancy basis. This qualification can also be put forward for an application for IITD membership and related professional development activity.
- Normally, applicants for entry to the Diploma in Professional Training Practice will be at least 21 years of age by 1 January of the year of application
- Hold a Leaving Certificate/FETAC level 5 qualification or equivalent.
- All applicants whose first language is not English must have attained IELTS Level 6 or the equivalent TOEFL score.
- This programme is open to those in employment, self-employed and those who are unemployed.
- Diploma programmes are offered subject to a minimum number of eligible applicants registering for the programme.
Following completion of year 1 of this programme, should a sufficient number of eligible students not wish to progress form year 1 to year 2 of this programme as to make the year 2 viable, students will graduate with a certificate at that point. Programme viability is determined by reference to fee income and applicable costs in running the programme.
Fees and Costs
Full Cost: €3150
Learning & Development Skillnet Price: €2700
How To Apply
To Apply for this course please follow the steps below:
When you log into the Application Portal:
Click Apply Online
Select Start a new Adult & Continuing Education Application
During your online application you will be required to upload the following documents:
- Birth Cert or Passport
- Passport Photograph
- Educational Certificates [if applicable]
- English Language Test Report [if applicable]