WORKING WITH SCHOOLS
UCC PLUS+ Outreach programme
The UCC PLUS+ Schools Outreach Programme has been designed and developed in partnership with our DEIS schools and continuously evolves in response to the needs of students. UCC PLUS+ currently works with 32 linked secondary schools in Cork, Kerry and Waterford (List of Linked Schools). The programme consists of a variety of activities and initiatives both school and campus-based from 1st year through to Leaving Cert. The Aim of the Schools Outreach Programme is to:
- Raise the aspirations of students and parents.
- Establish connections between students, parents, school and UCC.
- Introduce students to UCC and the UCC student experience.
- Enhance students’ academic performance and their ability to compete for university places.
- Promote the HEAR Scheme as a college entry mechanism.
- Support students and parents in completing a HEAR application.