Read me first
The conference committee welcome you to the 8th National Child Protection and Welfare Social Work Conference. Due to the pandemic, SWCONF21 will be a 100% virtual event. While we would love to welcome you to UCC's campus on the usual Jazz weekend in October, it will not be possible this year. For SWCONF21, we have an amazing lineup of keynotes and contributors which will make this a strong CPD and community-building event. In recognition of the challenges faced by the child protection and welfare community since March 2020 and a changed online conference cost base, the SWCONF21 committee are delighted to offer delegates a 50% discount this year on their registration fee. Find out more about the conference committee. Follow us @SWCONFUCC on Twitter.
Theme: Revitalising child protection and welfare social work: innovations, hope and community
Friday 22nd October 2021, 9am-5pm (Irish time, virtual event). Click to download the SWCONF21 conference poster
Keynotes and contributors
Click on the speaker's names to visit the keynotes' and contributors' bios and click on their Twitter handles to visit their Twitter pages.
1. Professor Jill Duerr Berrick, UC Berkley, USA. Twitter: @jdberrick
2. Professor Anna Gupta, Royal Holloway, University of London. Twitter: @AnnaGupta2
3. Gerard Brophy, Chief Social Worker, Tusla, Child and Family Agency. Twitter: @BrophyGer
4. Dr Helen Beckett, Director Safer Young Lives Research Centre, University of Bedfordshire. Twitter: @Helenlbeckett
5. Claire McGettrick, CLANN project / Co-founder Adoption Rights Alliance / JFM Research / IRC scholar, School of Sociology, University College Dublin, Member of IASW Board of Directors. Twitter: @cmcgettrick
6. Professor Conor O'Mahony, School of Law and Special Rapporteur on Child Protection. Twitter: @ConorUCCLaw
7. Harry Venning, writer and cartoonist. Twitter: @harrymvenning
8. Sinead Quinlan, Stand up comedian, The Den (RTÉ) and MSW graduate, UCC. Twitter: @SineadQuinlan_
9. 30+ parallel session speakers
Terms and conditions
- SWCONF21 is a fully online conference.
- Registration is online and payment is by credit card only. It is not possible for us to invoice your employer.
- A condition of registration is that refunds are not possible. However, name substitutions are possible up until the 15th of October 2021. Send your request to email@example.com.
- All registration enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Further conditions on the conference registration payment page.