KPMG Outstanding Scholar - Year 2 BSc Accounting
At a glance
- Value: €1,500 per student and a 6-month work placement placement in the third year of the programme worth €10,000.
- You must be a current UCC Student to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed the Department of Accounting and Finance, email@example.com.
KPMG, Chartered Accountants, offer two bursaries annually to two UCC students enrolled in 2nd year BSc Accounting, to the value of €1,500 each. Both students will also receive a 6-month work placement worth €10,000, during their third year on the programme.
- Students must achieve at least a 2H.1 result in their first sitting of their 1st year and hope to achieve at least a 2H.1 result in their 2nd year BSc Accounting exams.
- Students are invited to apply for the scholarship by providing a personal statement of 500 words outlining their success in academic life, community initiatives, sports, and work experience.
- Interviews will take place with a panel of shortlisted students. The judging panel will include a representative from KPMG and the Department of Accounting and Finance. Students who have been able to combine a high level of personal development with strong academic results will be highly regarded. Successful applicants will be notified shortly after the Semester 2 exam results are made available.
The application form is available here: https://forms.office.com/r/xSe9qi7Lhi
Female applicants can apply for this award in conjunction with the KPMG Women in Accounting Prize (further details available here)
Please note if a scholarship holder withdraws from the programme for which s/he has registered or fails to continue throughout the year to meet the attendance and other requirements for the programme, including examination entry, s/he may be required to repay to the College the whole or part of the scholarship.
Opening date for applications: The application window opens in March every year. Specific applications details will be communicated to students directly by the Department of Accounting and Finance.