KPMG Women in Accounting prize
At a glance
- Value: €1,000 per annum for the chosen student
- To assist with career progression and further education, each scholar will be assigned a KPMG mentor who can assist and provide advice on managing their academic career
- Scholars will complete a paid work placement at KPMG
- Scholarships are open to eligible female 2nd year BSc Accounting students
- Questions on this scholarship should be directed to Dr. Michelle Carr, Discipline Head, Accounting and Finance, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications should be submitted to email@example.com
KPMG’s ‘Women in Accounting’ is a scholarship program for females who have just started their second year of third level education in BSc Accounting courses. Through this program KPMG hopes to increase awareness and encourage a new generation of high-achieving women to take up the challenge of a career in accounting.
- Students must achieve at least a 2H.1 result in their first sitting of their 1st year BSc Accounting exams.
- Students are invited to apply for the scholarship by providing a brief outline of modules covered on their course to date, while also providing a 250-word description of their future career goals.
A shortlist of students will be chosen and an interview will take place to discuss your application. The judging panel will include a representative from KPMG and the Department of Accounting and Finance.
Please note if a scholarship holder withdraws from the programme for which s/he has registered or fails to continue throughout the year to meet the attendance and other requirements for the programme, including examination entry, s/he may be required to repay to the College the whole or part of the scholarship.
Opening date for applications September 14th 2021. Closing date October 14th 2021.