KPMG Women in Accounting prize - Year 2 BSc. Accounting
At a glance
- Value: €1,000 for the chosen student.
- Scholars will complete a paid work placement at KPMG during the third year of the programme.
- Scholarships are open to eligible female 2nd year BSc Accounting students.
- Questions on this scholarship should be directed to the Department of Accounting and Finance, email@example.com.
KPMG’s ‘Women in Accounting’ is a scholarship program for females in their second year of third level education in BSc Accounting. Through this program KPMG hopes to increase awareness and encourage a new generation of high-achieving women to take up the challenge of a career in accounting.
- Students must achieve at least a 2H.1 result in their first sitting of their 1st year BSc Accounting exams and hope to achieve at least a 2H.1 result in their 2nd year exams.
- Students apply for this award in conjunction with the KPMG Year 2 Outstanding Scholar Awards (please see here for further detail).
- Students must provide a personal statement of 500 words outlining their success in academic life, community initiatives, sports, and work experience.
- Students must also provide a separate statement of up to 100 words outlining how, through their actions, they are an effective role model for other women pursuing a career in accounting.
- Interviews will take place with a panel of shortlisted students. The judging panel will include a representative from KPMG and the Department of Accounting and Finance. Students who have been able to combine a high level of personal development with strong academic results, and who can demonstrate they are an effective role model, will be highly regarded. Successful applicants will be notified shortly after the Semester 2 exam results are made available.
The application form is available here: https://forms.office.com/r/xSe9qi7Lhi
Please note if a scholarship holder withdraws from the programme for which she has registered or fails to continue throughout the year to meet the attendance and other requirements for the programme, including examination entry, she may be required to repay to the College the whole or part of the scholarship.
Opening date for applications: The application window opens in March every year. Specific applications details will be communicated to students directly by the Department of Accounting and Finance.