School of Microbiology Staff
The School of Microbiology now comprises 17 research active academic staff, incorporating:
- Professor of Food Microbiology,
- Professor of Environmental Microbiology,
- Professor of Microbial Food Safety,
- Professor of Microbiology (Emeritus),
- Professor of Immunology
- Professor of Microbial Genomics
- Professor of Medical Microbiology
- Professor of Molecular Microbiology.
The school also has:
- A Teaching Assistant
- A School Manager
- 5 Technical Officers
- A School Operative
- 3 Administrative staff (2 of whom job-share).
Staff at the School of Microbiology in UCC deliver on over 60 teaching Modules to over 1,500 students annually. There has been a significant growth in the number of research active staff in the recent past; over 50 research staff funded directly by research, are employed in the school, including Postdoctoral research staff, research assistants and research support staff. These staff are key members of research programmes and are paid from grant income sourced externally by the academic staff members. These staff have a pivotal role in the research activities of the school as well as facilitating research-led teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In addition, there are over 90 Graduate Students per year registered in the school for both PhD and MSc by research.