Applied Geophysics GL6024
30 Contact Hours - Class dates to be confirmed.
Part-Time. See Additional Teaching Mode Information for more info.
€450. See Fees and Costs for full details.
Applicants must meet the entry requirements for the MSc Environmental Geology; see Detailed Entry Requirements section below. See Requirements for full details.
Applications for this module are now open for 2020/21.
Butler Building, School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences, UCC. Exact rooms to be confirmed.
Dates to be confirmed.
Principles and practical applications of geophysical investigations for environmental geology studies (e.g. groundwater, contaminated land, geotechnical). Techniques taught include: seismic refraction/reflection, gravity, electrical, electromagnetic and magnetic surveying, as well as borehole geophysics. Practical hands-on experience will be gained in shallow seismic and electrical techniques.
Additional Teaching Mode Information
Class dates to be confirmed.
Teaching Methods: 10 x 1 hr(s) Lectures; 6 x 2hr(s) Practicals; 2 x 1 day(s) Fieldwork.
Assessment: Total Marks 100: Continuous Assessment 100 marks (Practical field report 50 marks; Field survey report 50 marks).
Compulsory Elements: Continuous Assessment.
Candidates must hold at least:
- a Second Class Honours, Grade II degree or equivalent in a Geological/Earth Science/Civil Engineering/Environmental Sciences area; or
- a Second Class Honours, Grade II in a related relevant degree; or
- have reached an equivalent standard through completion of a relevant postgraduate qualification.
If you are applying with Qualifications obtained outside Ireland and you wish to verify if you meet the minimum academic and English language requirements for this programme please click here to view the grades comparison table by country and for details of recognised English language tests.
Fees and Costs
€450. There is also a €35 application fee.
How Do I Apply
To apply for this module please download and complete the application form:
- Download and complete the application form at the link below.
- Gather any additional documents required (including a passport-style photo).
- Pay your €35 application fee for this module via UCC’s Online Portal, noting your Application ID: Click here to proceed to UCC’s Online Portal.
- Send your completed application form, photo and any relevant documents, including your application ID via e-mail to email@example.com
CPD Co-Ordinator, CPD Centre,
An tIonad um Fhorbairt Ghairmiúil Leanúnaigh,
Q+1 floor, The Boole Library, Main Quad, U.C.C.
Applications for this module are now open.