Confucius Institute (CI)
The 16th Chinese-Bridge Chinese Proficiency Competition for Secondary School Students in Ireland is open for registration now.
The 16th "Chinese Bridge" Chinese Proficiency Competition is organized by the Education Sector of the Chinese Embassy in Ireland and hosted by The Confucius Institute at UCC. The aim of the competition is to enhance students' understanding of the Chinese language and culture and promote cultural exchange between Ireland and China.
The theme of the 2023 “Chinese Bridge”
"Fly High with Chinese" (in Chinese, "追梦中文，不负韶华")
Kingsley Hotel, Victoria Cross, Cork
The competition is scheduled from 10:00-17:00, Saturday, 22nd April 2023
Non-Chinese native speakers in Ireland, aged 14-18. Please note that the last global finalist is not allowed to participate in two consecutive competitions.
The focus of the “Chinese Bridge” Competition
Chinese language skills, general cultural knowledge of China, Chinese talent show
The process of the “Chinese Bridge” Competition
Contestants will be required to give a mini-speech in Chinese, participate in a quiz on Chinese culture knowledge, and perform a talent show.
Prizes for the 2023 “Chinese Bridge” Competition
- One First prize: An Apple Watch, a commemorative certificate, and the opportunity to be recommended to participate in the Global Chinese Bridge Competition. (Finalists will be awarded the International Chinese Language Teacher Scholarship to study in China.)
- Two Second prizes: Airpods and a certificate.
- Three Third prizes: Smart speaker and a certificate.
- The Most Popular Award: Polaroid and a certificate.
- Participation prize: A Certificate and a souvenir
How to Register
There is no registration fee. Please download and fill in the registration form then return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Deadline for Registration
Friday, 7th April 2023
If you have any inquiries with regard to this competition, please send an email to this address: email@example.com (UCC CI)