Proposal Forms for Programme Approval and Change
NEW PROGRAMME APPROVAL
Interim arrangements for the Management of New Academic Programme Proposals are in place for the 2020-21 academic year. Work is underway in Priority 2 of the Academic Strategy reviewing the University’s current portfolio of academic programmes and planning for development into the future. This review will result in a plan and timeline for the amalgamation/removal and introduction of new programmes (ref. AB 6th Feb. 2019, AB 19th June 2019 and AB 21st Oct. 2020).
Futher detail on the process can be found here.
- Requests for Outline Programme Proposal (OPP) forms should be addressed to the Office for Academic Programmes and Regulations (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Requests for Full Programme Proposal (FPP) forms should be addressed to the Office for Academic Programmes and Regulations (email@example.com)
MAJOR AND MINOR CHANGES TO EXISTING PROGRAMMES
Changes to Programme Entry Requirements are no longer captured in the MM1 form.
CHANGES TO PROGRAMME ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
The process and form for proposing changes to programme entry requirements can be found below:
Changes to Postgraduate Entry Requirements - process and form
CHANGES TO MARKS AND STANDARDS (other than changes arising as part of a Major Change)
If the proposed change(s) has knock-on implications for the University Calendar, the change should be included as part of the MM1/MM2 above; changes that only affect the programme Marks and Standards entry should be processed via an MS1/MS2 Form (below).
MARKS AND STANDARDS TEMPLATES
- Marks and Standards Template 1 - for Taught Masters programmes where repeat of dissertation is permitted in a repeat year.
- Marks and Standards Template 2 - for Taught Masters programmes where repeat of dissertation is not permitted and there is provision for an exit award.
- for all other templates contact APAR (firstname.lastname@example.org).
TEMPORARY CESSATION OF AN ACADEMIC PROGRAMME
EXCEPTIONAL CHANGES TO 2021/22 CURRICULUM
Changes to the published Calendar and Book of Modules/ACE section of the study@ucc website for the current academic year (2021/22) will only be considered for approval by Colleges/ACE/CIRTL in exceptional circumstances and must be agreed by all affected students.
The relevant College/ACE/CIRTL office should be contacted to request an Exceptional Change Form for the 2021/22 academic year. If approved by School and College/ACE/CIRTL, in accordance with local processes, the exceptional change will be forwarded to APAR for implementation.