Qualifications: FCA(RCSI), MRCS, FJFICM
Title: Consultant Anaesthesiologist and Clinical Senior Lecturer
- Head of Department of Anaesthesia, SIVUH
- College Tutor, College of Anaesthetists of Ireland (CAI)
- Lead for Paediatric Anaesthesia, SIVUH
- Chair of Sepsis Committee, SIVUH
Hospital: South Infirmary-Victoria University Hospital (SIVUH)
- Paediatric Anaesthesia (Consultant at Temple Street Children’s University Hospital, Dublin 2015; Fellowship in Anaesthesia at Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto 2011/12)
- Regional Anaesthesia (Fellowship in Regional Anaesthesia at Cork University Hospital 2013/14)
- Cardiac Anaesthesia (Fellowship in Cardiothoracic Anaesthesia and Transoesophageal Echo at The Heart Hospital, London 2014/15)
- Anaesthetic trainees: CAI Membership and Fellowship curriculum
- UCC medical students: MED3/GEM2 curriculum
- Anaesthetic nurses: Tutor for Level 8 Foundation Programme for Anaesthetic nurses
- Faculty member , Airway Management Workshop, CAI
- Faculty member, Paediatric Anaesthesia Simulation Course, CAI
Research Interests: Paediatric anaesthesia; airways; patient safety
Supervised Projects: Analysis of dosage of propofol at induction of anaesthesia. S. Murphy, M. O’Sullivan. UCC
Final Med Project 2018.
- Medical Gas Cylinder expiry dates. A.B. Philip, M. O’Sullivan, S. Mannion. Letter to Editor, Anaesthesia January 2018.
- Audit of Induction of Anaesthesia in Paediatric Patients. R. Haydar, L. Murphy, M. O’Sullivan. Poster presentation ESPA Congress, Glasgow, 2017.
- Retrograde Intubation - Its role in the difficult airway. K. Doody, T. Hennessy, M. O’Sullivan. Oral Presentation CAI Annual Congress, 2016.