Qualifications: FFARCSI, FCICM, FJFICMI, MD
Title: Consultant Anaesthesiologist and in Intensive Care Medicine and Clinical Senior Lecturer
Hospital: Cork University Hospital
- Prospective Validation of CriSTAL (Criteria for Screening and Triaging to Appropriate aLternative care)- international prospective study involving Australia, Ireland and Denmark. Data collection complete awaiting publication,
- A proficiency-based progression simulation programme improves ISBAR performance compared to standard training. A randomised controlled trial. Complete awaiting publication.
- Construct validity of metrics for internal jugular central access insertion. Joint project with College of Anaesthetists of Ireland and ASSERT, University College Cork.
Subspecialty interest: Handover, Deteriorating Patient and Proficiency based progression.
Teaching interest: Supervisor of training for the Joint Faculty of Intensive Care of Ireland and the College of Intensive Care Medicine, Australia and New Zealand.
- Chair of the Deteriorating Patient Group, Cork University Hospital
- CUH Charity, Intensive Care Fund raising