Qualifications: MBBChBAO; FFA (RCSI)
Title: Consultant Anaesthesiologist and Clinical Senior Lecturer
Roles: Current Equipment lead for Department of Anaesthesia; Current anaesthesia lead on CUMH Medication Safety Committee.
Hospitals: Mallow General Hospital, Cork University Hospital and South Infirmary-Victoria University Hospital
Subspecialty Interests: Total intravenous anaesthesia (TIVA), depth of anaesthesia (DOA), obstetric anaesthesia and simulation in anaesthesia.
Teaching interest: Basic anaesthesia/airway management (3Med/GEM2); COAI Simulation courses; Departmental teaching (especially new entrants).
- Anaesthesia lead for replacement of ARK/ electronic anaesthetic record keeper.
- Equipment introduction/replacement - High Flow Nasal Oxygen and epidural infusion pumps.
- Systems Analysis Review - Oxytocin use perioperatively Caesarian Section.
- Medication Safety CUMH - subcommittee theatre/labour ward.
- Facing Africa trip Ethiopia May 2017
- Mercy Ships trip Cameroon May 2018.
(The hope is that I can repeat annually, alternating)