The Reilly Prize
At a glance
- Value: €400
- You must be a current UCC Student to be eligible for this prize
- Questions about this prize can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For the purpose of perpetuating the memory of the late Professor J. Reilly, who was Professor of Chemistry and Head of the Chemistry Department in UCC for the period 1924-1959, the academic staff of the Chemistry Department have decided to fund a Prize consisting of a medal and cash award.
The following conditions of award apply:
1. The award be termed "The Reilly Prize".
2. The Prize be open to competition only among those candidates who obtain honours in Chemistry in the fourth year BSc (Hons) Degree Examination.
3. The Prize be awarded to the candidate who has obtained first place in the above Chemistry Examination and has obtained First Class Honours.
4. The Prize consists of a medal and a cash award.
*Note: These awards are funded from endowments made by the respective donors to the University for awards to be made in perpetuity. The funds donated are invested, and the annual income is the amount available for the award. Due to fluctuation in the investment market, the amounts available from year to year may vary, upwards and downwards; for this reason, the value of any award referred to in this section is indicative only, and may be higher or lower when the amount of the award is completed.