- All Scholarships
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Postgraduate Scholarships
- International Scholarships
- Photo Gallery
- College of Business and Law
- Quercus Entrance Scholarships 2018/2019
- Moss Keane Scholarship
- Puttnam Seminar and Puttnam Scholarship Awards Ceremony 2018/19
- Puttnam Scholarships Seminar 2019/20
- UCC Sports Scholarships 2019
- Quercus Talented Students Gala 2019 / 20
- School of History Prize-giving Ceremony 2019/20
- UCC Entrance Scholarship Award Ceremony
- School of History Prize-giving Ceremony 2020-2021
- Quercus Talented Students Gala 2022
- Catherine Keogh Memorial Grant
- STEM Awards 2022
- Quercus Talented Students' Programme 2022/23
- School of History Prize-giving Ceremony 2022-2023
- UCC STEM Awards 2023
- Quercus Talented Students Gala 2023
- Scholar Stories
- Terms and Conditions for Scholarship recipients
Johnson & Johnson Award for Excellence in Biotechnology
At a glance
- Value: €1,000
- You must be a current UCC Student registered to year 4 on the BSc Biotechnology programme to be eligible for this award
- Questions about this award can be directed to H.Bohane@ucc.ie
The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of healthcare products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices and diagnostics markets.
Johnson & Johnson has more than 265 operating companies in more than 60 countries employing approximately 126,500 people and they have been operating in Ireland for 80 years, employing in excess of 2,850 people.
UCC collaborate with staff from the Johnson & Johnson in Ireland (specifically Janssen and DePuy Syntheses) for the delivery of an industry-led Microbiology module to students on the BSc (Hons) Biotechnology Degree in UCC, as well as facilitating site visits and work placements for students.
This award, which will consist of a cash prize of €1,000, shall be awarded to the student who achieves the overall highest aggregate mark in the BSc (Hons) Biotechnology Degree at the first attempt.