The P. Fitzpatrick Prize in Epidemiology & Public Health Medicine
At a glance
- Value: €400
- You must be a current UCC Student to be eligible for this prize
- Questions about this prize can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to insufficient funding, this prize won't be awarded for Academic Years 2018/19 and 2019/20
For the purpose of perpetuating the memory of the late Patrick F. Fitzpatrick, MB, DPH, Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Cork Health Authority, who made an outstanding contribution to the control of tuberculosis in Cork City, the Cork Anti-Tuberculosis Association and T. P. Mullen and Co., Ltd. have subscribed a fund for the provision of an annual prize to be known as "The P. F. Fitzpatrick Prize in Epidemiology and Public Health Medicine". The current value of the prize is c. €400. It is intended that it would be awarded to the student(s) who obtain(s) first place in HC3008 'Epidemiology for Evidence Based Healthcare' module at the Summer Third University Examination in Medicine provided that:
- The Academic Council considers a sufficiently high standard to have been attained.
- The successful candidate has been a student in University College Cork, for the two years immediately preceding the examination.
- He/she has already passed the Third University Examination in Medicine and has taken each module of that examination for the first time.
- The above conditions may be varied from time to time by the Governing Body, provided such variation is recommended by a committee consisting of the President, the Head of the College of Medicine and Health and the Professor of Epidemiology and Public Health, and also by the Academic Council.
Note: These awards are funded from endowments made by the respective donors to the University for awards to be made in perpetuity. The funds donated are invested, and the annual income is the amount available for the award. Due to fluctuation in the investment market, the amounts available from year to year may vary, upwards and downwards; for this reason, the value of any award referred to in this section is indicative only, and may be higher or lower when the amount of the award is completed.