Gold Medal In Radiology
At a glance
- Value: Medal
- You must be a current UCC Student to be eligible for this scholarship
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to email@example.com
A specially commissioned Gold Medal in Radiology will be awarded annually by the Examiners for the best performance in Radiology at the Final Medicine Gold Medal in Radiology Oral Examination. The mechanism for awarding the Gold Medal will be as follows:
- Each student will have an oral examination as part of Final Medicine Clinics.
- Examiners will be asked to nominate students (ideally 4-5 students) for a Gold Medal Oral Examination based on performance at the Clinics
- Nominated students’ performance will be reviewed Department head and Senior Lecturer in Radiology and CP5200 coordinator and students will only be considered for the Gold Medal if they achieve an Honours marks following Final Medical Clinics. The list of nominated students will be approved by the CP5200 Module Co-ordinator.
- Nominated students will be invited to attend a Gold Medal Oral Examination, with the list of nominations being published on the evening before
- The Gold Medal will be awarded to the student whose performance is deemed by the Examiners to be the best at the Gold Medal Oral Examination
- At the Gold Medal Oral Examination, up to three students may also be nominated for entry into national competition for Henry Hutchinson Stewart Award in Radiology.