- All Scholarships
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Postgraduate Scholarships
- International Scholarships
- Photo Gallery
- College of Business and Law
- Quercus Entrance Scholarships 2018/2019
- Moss Keane Scholarship
- Puttnam Seminar and Puttnam Scholarship Awards Ceremony 2018/19
- Puttnam Scholarships Seminar 2019/20
- UCC Sports Scholarships 2019
- Quercus Talented Students Gala 2019 / 20
- School of History Prize-giving Ceremony 2019/20
- UCC Entrance Scholarship Award Ceremony
- School of History Prize-giving Ceremony 2020-2021
- Quercus Talented Students Gala 2022
- Catherine Keogh Memorial Grant
- STEM Awards 2022
- Quercus Talented Students' Programme 2022/23
- School of History Prize-giving Ceremony 2022-2023
- UCC STEM Awards 2023
- Scholar Stories
- Terms and Conditions for Scholarship recipients
At a glance
- Value: varies
- You must be a current (or applying to become) UCC Student to be eligible for this scholarship
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to the Scholarships Unit at email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
One or more scholarships equivalent in value to Category A Grant, under the Higher Education Grant Scheme, are awarded annually in order of merit to eligible candidates who attain Entrance Scholarships standard in the Leaving Certificate Examination. Recipients who are also holders of Higher Education Grants will receive a Scholarship of €1,710 subject to the rules relating to the renewal of the Scholarship.
Eligibility to apply
- (a) must have been born, or be the child of a parent who was born, in the county or city of Cork or Limerick;
- (b) must be a Roman Catholic; and
- (c) must prove, to the satisfaction of the President, that without such financial assistance he/she would be unable to avail of, or to continue to avail of, university education.
The opening date for the Applications is 19 September 2022. The link to the special form of application for the Keliher Scholarships will be available here when applications open. The Form must be fully completed and additional documents must be submitted with the Form properly filled up by each candidate, and lodged with the Scholaships Office, UCC not later than 5.00 p.m. on 21st October 2022. Incomplete applications will not be assessed. In no circumstances can a late application be accepted.
Keliher Scholarship Application Form 2022
- The Keliher Scholarship will be awarded on the results of the eligible candidates in the Leaving Certificate Examination. It is tenable only in UCC, for the First Year of a full-time primary degree programme in the session following the Leaving Certificate Examination on which the award is based. The basis for an award will be order of merit in accordance with the standard UCC scoring system as set out under regulations for admission in the University Calendar. Only performance in the six best subjects taken at the first attempt at the same sitting of the Leaving Certificate will be counted. Any award made is at the discretion of the Trustees.
- A candidate must not have attained the age of 20 years before 1st July in the year of his/her candidature.
- A successful candidate must satisfy the minimum entry requirements of the National University of Ireland, and must pursue in University College Cork, approved programmes leading to a degree in one of the following Colleges: Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science, Engineering and Food Science; Medicine and Health.
- A Keliher Scholarship will be renewed for each year of the primary degree programme, provided the holder obtains the equivalent of a high honours standard at the preceding university or sessional examination. It will be renewed for a postgraduate programme only if the scholar has displayed exceptional ability and conspicuous diligence and has obtained the equivalent of an honours degree.
- If a holder fails to obtain the equivalent of a satisfactory honours standard at the university or sessional examination, he/she will forfeit the scholarship. On the recommendation of the President, however, he/she may be granted a Keliher Bursary of lesser amount than the scholarship.
All of the following documents must be submitted by email to email@example.com on or before the closing date of Friday, 21 October 2022 at 5pm. Your application may be disregarded, if all the requested documentation is not complete and/or e-mailed in full by the closing date:
- Completed Application Form
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate
- Household Income Tax Forms P21 Form, and/or
- Income Self-Assessment Forms
- SUSI Grant Application Letter 2022/23
- References (clergy and second reference)