The Fleischmann Prize
At a glance
- Value: €500
- You must be a graduate of UCC to be eligible for this prize
- Questions about this prize can be directed to email@example.com
The Fleischmann Prize is awarded annually by the Academic Council to a music graduate of University College Cork who, in the opinion of the judges, has made a significant contribution to music in Ireland. The current value of the prize is c. €500.
The following conditions have been approved by the donors and the Governing Body:
1. Only graduates of not more than ten years' standing are eligible for the prize.
2. The judges shall be the Professor of Music at University College Cork, the Director of the Cork School of Music and the Head of the College of Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences.
3. The prize may be awarded for excellence in any aspect of musical activity: composition, research, performance, education or other related areas.
Note: These awards are funded from endowments made by the respective donors to the University for awards to be made in perpetuity. The funds donated are invested, and the annual income is the amount available for the award. Due to fluctuation in the investment market, the amounts available from year to year may vary, upwards and downwards; for this reason, the value of any award referred to in this section is indicative only, and may be higher or lower when the amount of the award is completed.