GAA (Munster Council) Sports Bursaries
At a glance
- Value: €750
- You must be applying to become a UCC Student to be eligible for this bursary
- Questions about this bursary can be directed to email@example.com
- The Bursaries will be awarded each year to persons
- (a) who have reached a very high level of performance in their sporting event
- (b) who will be attending UCC and
- (c) be a member of a GAA Club/Unit in one of the six Munster counties, either in a playing or administrative capacity.
- The Bursaries shall be called GAA (Munster Council) Bursaries.
- It is expected that candidates for the Bursaries will have applied in the usual manner to the Central Application Office for admission to the University.
- The annual value of each Bursary is €750.
- A person to whom a Bursary is awarded must satisfy the minimum entry requirements of the programme which he/she intends to enter.
- Renewal of a Bursary is dependent on the maintenance of a satisfactory academic and athletic standard throughout the duration of the programme and reapplication.
- A candidate may compete for other Scholarships or grants offered for entry to the University provided that in every case he/she satisfies the regulations governing the award but no student is allowed to hold two scholarships simultaneously.
- Monies will be allocated in two stages during the year.
- An adjudicating panel consisting of at least three persons nominated by the President will include two nominees of the Munster Council of the Gaelic Athletic Association.
- The final decision on the award of a Bursary rests with University College Cork and Munster Council GAA.