- Researcher of the Year
- Early-Stage Researcher of the Year
- Research Support Person of the Year
- Research Supervisor of the Year
- Research Communicator of the Year
- Research Award for Open Science
- Creating a Culture for Responsible Conduct of Research
- Innovator of the Year
- Consultancy Project of the Year
- Licence of the Year
- Spin-out Company of the Year
- Start-up of the Year
- Best Publication of the Year - Undergraduate Author
- Research Team of the Year
- Research Image of the Year
- Engaged Research of the Year
- Vice-President for Research & Innovation Award for Interdisciplinary Research
- Research Collaboration of the Year
- The President's Award for Research Impacting the Sustainable Development Goals
- Research Career Achievement Award
Engaged Research of the Year
Engaged Research is an umbrella term for a wide range of rigorous research approaches and methodologies that share a common interest in collaborative engagement with society for impact. Engaged Research aims to improve, understand, or investigate an issue of public interest or concern, including societal challenges where community partners are active collaborative participants in the research process. In this context, community partners refer to a range of public research stakeholders, including public service, policy makers, civil society organisations (NGO’s / CSOs, citizens) and other actors.
This award recognises achievement by UCC researchers and/or research teams in the calendar year 2022, through the employment of an engaged research approach to address issues of societal interest. Nominations can be made by any UCC staff member and the seconder needs to be an external partner.
How To Apply
To submit a nomination for this award:
- Download and complete the nomination form.
- Prepare the supporting documentation.
- Email all documents to email@example.com with the award category and the name of the nominee in the subject line.
- Letter from a seconder (it is recommended this is a relevant engaged research external partner) offering detail and testimony on the research engagement process, research impact or future impact.
Deadline For Submission
- Friday 28 April 2023, 5pm.
|2022||Professor Maggie O'Neill||
Departmenr of Sociology and Criminology
|2021||Professor Brian Ó Gallachóir||
MaREI (Dingle Peninsula 2030)