- Researcher of the Year
- Early-Stage Researcher of the Year
- Research Support Person of the Year
- Research Supervisor of the Year
- Research Communicator of the Year
- Research Award for Open Science
- Creating a Culture for Responsible Conduct of Research
- Innovator of the Year
- Consultancy Project of the Year
- Licence of the Year
- Spin-out Company of the Year
- Start-up of the Year
- Best Publication of the Year - Undergraduate Author
- Research Team of the Year
- Research Image of the Year
- Engaged Research of the Year
- Vice-President for Research & Innovation Award for Interdisciplinary Research
- Research Collaboration of the Year
- The President's Award for Research Impacting the Sustainable Development Goals
- Research Career Achievement Award
Early-Stage Researcher of the Year
This award recognises early career excellence and the potential for future outstanding performance. Nominees considered early-stage researchers are those with no more than ten-year research experience since their PhD. Evidence of eligible interruptions (e.g. maternity leave, parental leave) can be used to extend the eligibility window. For those who have not been awarded a doctoral degree, four years of full-time equivalent research experience may be considered as relevant. Nominations, based on achievements and key research indicators from the calendar year 2022, can be made by any UCC staff member.
How to Apply
To submit a nomination for this award:
- Download and complete the nomination form.
- Prepare the supporting documentation.
- Email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the award category and the name of the nominee in the subject line.
Submit as a PDF: CV (max 2 pages) – Nominee’s CV with links to IRIS for full publication and professional information. The document should include:
- Name and contact details.
- Career profile (education and employment) & research profile.
- Mentoring and supervision profile (including numbers of current and completed MSc/PhD students directly under the nominee’s supervision).
- Key achievements in the calendar year 2022 (including measures of peer esteem, accomplishments, awards, etc.) with a particular focus achievement relevant to applicable award category.
Deadline For Submission
- Friday 28 April 2023, 5pm.
Dr Jean O'Dwyer
School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences
Dr Carlos Garrido Castellano
School of Languages, Literatures & Cultures