Parties to a family law dispute who have issued proceedings, or need to defend court proceedings will typically do so either in the District Court or the Circuit Court. An application can relate to one specific issue or may be connected to proceedings already issued between the parties, such as judicial separation or divorce.
Where such proceedings relating to the status of the relationship have already been issued by the relevant Circuit Court office, then, individual issues such as maintenance or custody/access can be resolved on an interim basis (meaning before the full hearing of the judicial separation or divorce proceedings) by for example, the Circuit Court already dealing with the proceedings.
Where such proceedings have not already issued, individual issues are typically resolved in the District Court.
- Address: One Family, Cherish House, 2 Lower Pembroke Street, Dublin 2
- Tel: 01 662 9212 Fax: 01 662 9096
- Website: https://onefamily.ie/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal Aid Board
- Address: Legal Aid Board, Quay Street, Cahirciveen, Co. Kerry.
- Tel: (066) 947 1000 Lo-call No: 1890 615 200 Fax: (066) 947 1035
- Website: http://www.legalaidboard.ie
Free Legal Advice Centre
- Address: Free Legal Advice Centre, 13 Lower Dorset Street, Dublin 1, Ireland
- Legal information lines: Lo-Call: 1890 350 250 / +353 1 874 5690
- Website: http://www.flac.ie/
Family Mediation Service
- Address: Family Mediation Service, 1st Floor, St. Stephen’s Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2.
- Tel: (0)1 6344320 Fax:+353 (0)1 6622339
- Website: http://www.legalaidboard.ie/lab/publishing.nsf/Content/Family_Mediation_Service
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Drop in 260 locations nationwide
- Tel: 0761 07 4000 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm).
- Website: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/
The Courts Service
- Address: 15 – 24 Phoenix Street North, Smithfield, Dublin 7
- Tel: 01 1 888 6000 (main switchboard)
- Website: www.courts.ie