Registering For Credit-Bearing CPD
Explore This Page
How To Register Online
The following may assist in the online process.
You complete your registration online at: https://www.ucc.ie/en/sit/ by clicking on MyStudentAdmin to Login. When your registration has been completed you will be able to see a confirmation of registration on screen.
Timetable, Assignments and Completion
When does the module start?
CPD modules have different start and finish dates. Course details including the start dates are available for the individual modules on the prospectus or from the module co-ordinator.
How often will I have to attend UCC?
Modules vary, some are full days, others half days and some are 2 hour sessions and all have elements of blended learning, where you may not have to attend college on certain days during the module and some modules are based off campus. Please refer to the individual module on the prospectus for further details or contact the module co-ordinator. Timetables are generally provided by your School or Department upon registration.
Is there an assignment to complete with each module?
All CPD modules are assessed individually. Details will be outlined under each module in the Prospectus.
What do I get on successful completion of the CPD module?
A Certificate of Completion will be issued to you on successful completion of the module. This will be issued by the Centre for CPD after the final Exam Board has convened for that year, usually in the October following completion of the CPD module.
For credit-bearing modules you will receive 5, 10 or 15 credits as appropriate which will be recorded on your UCC student record. Copies of your student transcript can be obtained from the Student Records and Examinations Office www.ucc.ie/en/registration/certs
What are the fees?
There is usually an application fee payable upon submitting your application of €35.
CPD module tuition fees vary and are determined on an annual basis. This is noted on the prospectus and will also be on your registration email.
Can I pay my fees online?
CPD module fees are liable in full using the Student Portal during online registration. Follow the registration instructions provided with your registration email. Go to http://www.ucc.ie/en/sit/ click on the red box MyStudentAdmin. You will need your Username and your Password. You will receive thesein your registration email once you have accepted your place on the module.
Follow the online instructions and during the process you will see On-Line Fee Payment and can pay here. You will also be able to print a confirmation of your payment. If you are being funded please select 'funded'. See the further information section below on 'What to do if you are being funded'. The fees office is contactable on: email@example.com.
What to do if your fees are being fully funded:
- If your employer wishes to pay for your attendance, you need to pay the fees yourself and get reimbursed from your employer.
- If your fees are being paid by a third party such as the HSE or another large company, you will need to submit a letter from the sponsor confirming that you are being funded. The Letter of Award from your sponsor, should be submitted as soon you receive your registration details. The letter should be sent to Annette Feeney, Fees Office, North Wing, University College Cork and will need to contain the following information:
- Funding letter must be on company headed paper
- Your full name as per your application and date of birth
- The code and name of the relevant CPD module
- Your student number (if you have previously attended UCC, you will retain your old student number). New students will be issued with a student number, which will be noted on the registration email. You will receive this email after you have accepted your place.
- The fee amount for your course. This is noted on the prospectus and will also be on your registration email.
- Name and address of sponsor; i.e. where the invoice for your fees should be sent to and contact details for the person dealing with payment of fees.
What to do if your fees are being part-funded:
- If you are being part-funded by a college department or research agency etc., please proceed as if you are a funded student upon registering.
- You will receive an email from the Fees Office advising you to pay the balance that is due.
A copy of the CPD fee policy is available to view on the fees website.
Note: You are not a fully registered student until your fee has been credited to your student account. All contact from the Fees Office will go to your student umail address only so please check this email on a daily basis.
Passwords, Access to the Library and to I.T.
On your registration email you are provided with your student number and password. This is for accessing the UCC Student Portal - MyStudentAdmin. Initially this is how you register for the CPD module and update your contact details.
To logon to the Computer network you will need to activate your account. You must first get a logon password from the Student Helpdesk at the Computer Centre in the Boole Basement. You will then have to logon to the network within a 3 hour period. When you logon you will be prompted to change this password to one that is unique to you. Follow the instructions on the sheet you were given by the Helpdesk.
If you have your student card and the log-in details will not work please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name and student number and the problem you are encountering.
Blackboard is the online tool used by academics to communicate lecture notes etc.
You can only activate the Student Portal and Blackboard when you are fully registered and your fees have been paid. It may take up to 48 hours between registering online and being able to access Blackboard.
Both your UCC Student Portal and Blackboard Password are initially set to be the same. For Blackboard support please contact email@example.com.
You can only physically access the Library with a valid student card. You should carry your Student Card with you at all times.
When do I get my student card?
Once you have completed your registration online, submitted all the required documentation (including photo) and your fees have been paid your student ID card will be sent out to the correspondence address noted on your application. ** Make sure to post in a clear passport sized photograph when you accept an offer so that your card will be processed in a timely manner.
Why haven't I received my student card?
There are a few reasons why a student may not have received their student card prior to the start of their course.
- The applicant is self-funded but fees have not been paid or fees are outstanding for another course.
- The Fees Office has not received a confirmation of funding letter from the funding source (usually once this letter has been received by the Fees Office the student card can be released by the Student Records and Exams Office).
- The application is a late application.
- Registration online has not been completed in full.
- Your photo may be unclear or not received - contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire.
Note: On receipt of the registration email the onus is on the student to ensure that the fees are paid or that the fees office is contacted regarding funding prior to starting their course.