Áras na Mac Léinn is committed to reducing energy costs and becoming more “Green Aware”.
During Green Focus Week a number of initiatives to develop this ethos are undertaken at the centre. We welcome your thoughts and suggestions on how we might become more "Green Aware" at Áras na Mac Léinn.
Recyclable/Recycled products on sale at Áras na Mac Léinn:
- Fair Trade Goods Display
- Energy Efficient Bulbs
- Locally sourced sandwiches
- Free Áras na Mac Léinn Cloth Bag with every €5 purchase
- Draw for 2 Munster Magners League Tickets (entry with receipt of purchase of new Lucozade Energy Light)
- Recyclable Áras na Mac Léinn Thermos Mugs
- A4 Recycled Paper
- Recycled Pens and Pencils
- Rechargeable Batteries in stock
- Free Áras na Mac Léinn Cloth Bag with every €10 purchase in An Stad
- Energy Saving Ideas on Posters
- Tóg Leat Café, Café Oasis and Café Panorama will facilitate re-usable mugs
- ‘No Tray’ week in Club Áras Carvery.
- ‘Thursday Night Live’ unplugged/acoustic gig
Áras na Mac Léinn employs a licensed contractor to dispose of waste cooking oil in an environmentally friendly manner. The cooking oil does not enter the food chain and is converted in to a bio diesel which is used by councils nationwide to power their vehicle fleet, reducing Ireland’s CO2 emissions and green house gases.
All tea and coffee sold in Áras na Mac Léinn are Fair Trade products Fair Trade Mark is and independent consumer guarantee that people in the Third World are paid a fair price for their produce and work in safe conditions with the local environment. Fair Trade coffee is bought from smaller farmers organisations. These farmers get a guaranteed minimum price. They also get a premium that they can use for community development projects.