Who should apply
All those in the categories listed below who wish to progress their careers by studying at an internationally recognised 5 star university on a part-time basis. Courses are free for jobseekers and returners – those in employment receive a 90% fee subsidy from the HEA.
· Jobseekers - Those in receipt of an eligible payment from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection, and the formerly self-employed.
· Returners - Those not in receipt of a payment from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection that have been out of the work environment for a number of years but who may require upskilling or reskilling to transition back to the workforce.
· Those in employment who wish to upskill or reskill.
What courses are available
Industry focused courses from Level 7 to 9 including:
- Certificate in Environmental Science, Sustainability and Climate (Level 7)
- Certificate in Management Practice (Level 7)
- Certificate in Operator Development (Pharma Manufacturing) (level 7)
- Certificate in Process and Chemical Engineering (level 7)
- Certificate in Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (level 7)
- Certificate in Supply Chain Management (Level 7)
- Certificate in Procurement Management (level 8)
- Higher Diploma in Advanced Languages and Global Communication (level 8)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Project Management (level 9)
- Postgraduate Certificate in (Bio) Pharma Processing (level 9)
- Postgraduate Diploma in (Bio) Pharma Processing (level 9)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Arts and Humanities (Level 9)
How can I apply
Applications are expected to open week commencing 22nd June on www.springboardcourses.ie
Candidates are advised to apply early as high demand is anticipated and places are limited.
Applications will NOT be assessed until all supporting documentation has been received. Please ensure that you have the following documentation available at the time of application.
- Copies of transcripts and parchments for any previous relevant educational qualifications
- Current CV
- References where applicable
- Application Statement (In 500 words or less, please state why you wish to study this programme at University College Cork and explain how you meet the programme entry requirements)
- Copy of IELTS/TOEFL certificate for non-native English speakers
Full details on eligibility for the Springboard+ scheme can be found at:
What will it cost
No fees are applicable for jobseekers (unemployed and formerly self-employed) and returners (homemakers, carers, etc.) as these fees are subsidised by the Springboard+ scheme.
Those currently in employment will incur a 10% fee which will be collected by UCC prior to the commencement of the course.
Want to know more
Email Lorna Moloney, UCC Springboard Coordinator, at email@example.com or telephone 087-6931100
Springboard+ is co-funded by the Government of Ireland and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF programme for employability, inclusion and learning 2014-2020
Human Capital Initiative Courses (HCI)
Future Proof Your Career with Human Capital Initiative Courses
If you are looking to upskill or reskill, take a look at our new range of industry-focused postgraduate and higher diploma courses. The Human Capital Initiative (HCI) is fully funded or substantially subsidised by the Government of Ireland. See here for more information.