Offered a place....what next?
Congratulations on your offer to study at UCC!
1. Accept your offer through the CAO. If you receive your offer in Round 1, you can accept it straight away. Even if you are hoping to receive a higher preference offer in a later round, you should still accept your current Round 1 offer. You can still accept a higher preference offer later, but a higher preference offer isn’t guaranteed. Only those who know they do not want to take this place for sure, or wish to defer, should not accept the offer.
2. Register as a Student. Registration Part 1 (online) will open up following the issue of Round 1 offers. You will receive an email to guide you through the steps of online registration. If you require help with online registration, you can contact the Registration HelpDesk on +353 (0)21 490 1807 / 1808 / 1809.
3. If you have Admissions-related queries, you can email email@example.com or call +353 (0)21 490 3571 during normal business hours, 9am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm. For other queries, e.g. in relation to Fees or Disability Support Services, you can submit your query at: https://www.ucc.ie/en/ask/prospective/. You will receive a reply during normal business hours, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
4. Accommodation: If you have not yet secured accommodation for the first year of your UCC course, it is vital that you remain proactive in your search. For tips, tricks and relevant information from the Accommodation Office, please visit https://www.ucc.ie/en/accommodation. The Accommodation Office can be contacted during normal business hours and by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +353 (0)21 490 3849.
5. Orientation and Registration Part 2 dates are available at https://www.ucc.ie/en/study/undergrad/orientation/orientation/. General information for incoming First Years is available at https://www.ucc.ie/en/study/undergrad/orientation/.
6. Deferrals – if you wish to defer your place, don’t accept your CAO offer. Apply for a deferral at https://www.ucc.ie/en/study/undergrad/admissionspolicies/.
7. The State Examinations Commission have set up a Self-Service Portal for candidates who have received Leaving Certificate results. We advise you to register with them if you have not already done so and to refer to the Candidate Information Booklet in the first instance with any results-related queries you have. The Portal can be accessed at https://www.examinations.ie/candidate-portal/.
8. For general queries or anything not covered here, please refer to the FAQs online: https://www.ucc.ie/en/ask/.