Offered a place....what next?
Congratulations on your offer to study at UCC!
1. Accept your offer through the CAO. If you receive your offer on 15 August 2019, you can accept it straight away, you have until Friday 23 August 2019 at 5.15pm to do so. Even if you are hoping to receive a higher preference offer in a later round, you should still accept your current Round 1 offer. You can still accept a higher preference offer later, but a higher preference offer isn’t guaranteed. Only those who know they do not want to take this place for sure, or wish to defer, should not accept the offer.
2. Register as a Student. Registration Part 1 (online) will open up on Monday, 19 August 2019 at 9am. Once you have accepted your CAO offer between before Sunday 18 August 2019 at 6pm, you will receive an email on Monday, 19 August 2019 to guide you through the steps of online registration. If you accept after 6pm on Sunday, 18 August 2019, you will receive your registration email within four days. If you require help with online registration, you can contact the Registration HelpDesk on +353 (0)21 490 1807 / 1808 / 1809.
3. If you have Admissions-related queries, you can email email@example.com or call +353 (0)21 490 3571 during normal business hours and until 8pm on Thursday, 15 August 2019 and Friday, 16 August 2019, and from 10am-1pm on Saturday, 17 August 2019. For other queries, e.g. in relation to Fees or Disability Support Services, you can submit your query at: https://www.ucc.ie/en/ask/prospective/. You will receive a reply during normal business hours, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
4. Accommodation: If you have not yet secured accommodation for the first year of your UCC course, it is vital that you remain proactive in your search. For tips, tricks and relevant information from the Accommodation Office, please visit https://www.ucc.ie/en/accommodation. The Accommodation Office can be contacted during normal business hours and until 8pm on Thursday and Friday, 15 and 16 August and from 10am-1pm on Saturday, 17 August, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +353 (0)21 490 3849.
5. Orientation and Registration Part 2 dates are available at https://www.ucc.ie/en/study/undergrad/orientation/orientation/. The first day of lectures is Monday, 9 September. General information for incoming First Years is available at https://www.ucc.ie/en/study/undergrad/orientation/.
6. Deferrals – if you wish to defer your place, don’t accept your CAO offer. Apply for a deferral at thttps://www.ucc.ie/en/study/undergrad/admissionspolicies/.
7. The State Examinations Commission have set up a Self-Service Portal for candidates who have received Leaving Certificate results. We advise you to register with them if you have not already done so and to refer to the Candidate Information Booklet in the first instance with any results-related queries you have. The Portal can be accessed at https://www.examinations.ie/candidate-portal/.
8. For general queries or anything not covered here, please refer to the FAQs online: https://www.ucc.ie/en/ask/.