Strategic Plan 2023-2028
Help Shape UCC's Future
UCC is scheduled to develop a new Strategic Plan to cover the period 2023-2028 with the aim of having this plan approved by Governing Body in December 2022. We want to ensure the needs and aspirations of our University community are reflected in our new Strategic Plan. Find out more here about how you can engage and contribute to the strategic planning process.
Join us for a strategic planning consultation café session.
As part of the university-wide consultation process on strategic planning, President John O’Halloran will be hosting a number of Consultation Cafés for the UCC community in locations across the campus over the coming weeks. Only open to the UCC Community, the purpose of these events is to facilitate an open dialogue and to give you further opportunity to inform UCC’s Strategic Plan 2023-2028.
Come along to one of the following sessions to share your ideas.
Attendance at the Consultation Cafés is by pre-registration only and you can register for the one that is most convenient for you below.
- EVENT 1: Thursday 29 September 2022, 10.00am - 10.50am, Creative Zone, Ground Floor, Boole Library. Register here
- EVENT 2: Monday 10 October 2022, 10.00am – 10.50am, WGB_G18, Ground Floor, Western Gateway Building. Register here
Please note that to accomodate numbers this event will now take place in Room G_01, Western Gateway Building.
- EVENT 3: Monday 10 October 2022, 3.00pm – 3.50pm, G.20, Ground Floor, Cork Enterprise Centre, North Mall Campus. Register here
Written contributions to inform the plan and the planning process are also very welcome and may be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
These will be received by the Strategic Planning Coordination Group. Staff are welcome to reach out directly to the Strategic Planning Coordination Group on contributing to the strategic planning process.
Contributions to inform the drafting process will close Tuesday 9 November.
Engage via Management and Committee Structures
Co-ordinated by the Strategic Planning Coordination Group, extensive engagement has been ongoing since June 2022 with and across the University community’s management and committee structures. All staff and students are encouraged to engage locally and feed into these structures which include:
- Student's Union
- Chairs of Academic Committees
- Heads of Colleges and College Councils
- Directors of Research Institutes
- University Leadership Team
- Head of Functions
- UCC 2022 Pillar Leads
- CEO's of subsidiaries
- Governing Body and relevant sub committees
- External stakeholders
Along the way, regular Staff Townhalls will provide a platform for ongoing consultation and information sharing as the drafting of the plan develops.
Recent Staff Townhalls:
- 2-3pm on Tuesday 5th July in Boole 1 and live streamed.
- 2-3pm on Wednesday 21st September in Boole 3 and livestreamed.
It is planned that a student workshop will take place on 19 October 2022. Students can contact the Student’s Union to engage with the strategic planning process.
Aligned and Informed
The process and development of our next Strategic Plan is informed by internal and external consultation and by the significant range of activity across the University which consults and gathers feedback, and provides inputs, information and data for planning and decision making across the University. Examples of such activity include:
- The implementation and progress of UCC 2022
- The Institutional Review
- The ongoing Quality Enhancement processes
- The development of the Academic Roadmap and Plan
- The Values and Culture/Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Staff Consultation 2022
- The development of an Arts and Culture Plan 2022 – 2026
- The development of a Sustainability and Climate Action Plan
- The development of a Digital Education Plan
- The preparation of submissions for university rankings
It also takes into consideration the external local, regional, national and global context including policy environment and trends that have implications for our University as we look to the future.
Strategic Planning Coordination Group
A Strategic Planning Coordination Group manages and coordinates the strategic planning and engagement process, drawing on internal and external supports and expertise to enable its work.
- Rónán ÓDubhghaill, VP External Relations, Director of Strategic Planning and Institutional Research (Chair)
- Anne Gannon, Staff Wellbeing & Development Manager, Human Resources
- Chris Williams, Head of College, College of Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences
- David Hogan, Data and Institutional Research Officer
- Jennifer Murphy, Advisor to the President, President’s Office
- Sandra Irwin, Project Manager, President’s Office
- Stephen Hammel, Quality Enhancement Manager, Quality Enhancement Unit
Emails to the group can be sent to email@example.com.