The Aodán Ó Donnchadha Memorial Prize
At a glance
- You must be a current UCC Student to be eligible for this prize
- Questions about this prize can be directed to email@example.com
The Final Medical class of 1990 subscribed to a fund for the provision of an annual prize to commemorate their late classmate Aodán Ó Donnchadha. The Extern for the Department of Paediatrics and Child Health will assess the best Paediatric projects under MX5090, and decide who should be awarded the prize, if necessary aided by advice from members of the Department of Paediatrics and Child Health. Shortlisted candidates should keep all information gathered as this may be required by the External Examiner.
The award will be made provided the student chosen fulfils the other criteria
1. The prize will be called "The Aodán Ó Donnchadha Memorial Prize".
2. The Academic Council considers that a sufficiently high standard has been attained.
3. The successful candidate has been a student in University College Cork, for the three years immediately preceding the Final Medical Examination.
4. He/she has taken and passed the whole of the Final Medical Examination and has taken each module for the first time.
*Note: These awards are funded from endowments made by the respective donors to the University for awards to be made in perpetuity. The funds donated are invested, and the annual income is the amount available for the award. Due to fluctuation in the investment market, the amounts available from year to year may vary, upwards and downwards; for this reason, the value of any award referred to in this section is indicative only, and may be higher or lower when the amount of the award is completed.