The Mary V. Hart Memorial Prize In Music
At a glance
- Value: €100
- You must be a current UCC Student to be eligible for this prize
- Questions about this prize can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
In memory of Mary Veronica Hart and her love of music this prize was established in 1978 by her three sons, all of whom graduated at University College Cork. The current value of the prize is c. €100.
Eligibility & Selection
The following conditions of award have been approved by the donors and by the Governing Body:
- That the prize be called "The Mary V. Hart Memorial Prize in Music".
- That the prize consist of a cash payment and a suitably inscribed parchment.
- That the prize be awarded to the successful candidate obtaining first place at the BMus (Hons) Degree Examination provided that:
a. the Academic Council considers a sufficiently high standard to have been attained
b. the successful candidate has been a student in University College Cork, for the three years immediately preceding the Examination.
- That if the prize be not awarded in any year, the funds available for that be expended by the Professor of Music on the purchase of books and/or music for the Library of the University and such books and music so purchased to bear a suitable inscription indicating their provision under the conditions of the prize.
*Note: These awards are funded from endowments made by the respective donors to the University for awards to be made in perpetuity. The funds donated are invested, and the annual income is the amount available for the award. Due to fluctuation in the investment market, the amounts available from year to year may vary, upwards and downwards; for this reason, the value of any award referred to in this section is indicative only, and may be higher or lower when the amount of the award is completed.