The Eoin Murray Memorial Scholarship In Creative Writing
At a glance
- Value: €1,500
- You must be a current UCC Student to be eligible for this scholarship
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to Loretta Brady at email@example.com
The friends and family of the late Eoin Murray have established a fund to support the development of creative writing within UCC. Eoin was a poet and a musician, who valued creativity, authenticity and connection with nature and humanity, and he lived his life according to those values. With this scholarship, in association with the School of English, UCC, we hope to keep his spirit alive and to support others like him in their creative endeavours.
Eligibility to apply
• The scholarship, which consists of a prize of €1,500, will be awarded to a student from any undergraduate degree programme within the College of Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences, UCC.
• The recipient of the Eoin Murray Memorial Scholarship in Creative Writing will use the monetary award to develop a body of creative writing over the summer period.
The winner will be selected from a shortlist compiled by a judging panel which will include the UCC Writer-in-Residence, the Head of the School of English and lecturers in Creative Writing, the Librarian, and friends and family of Eoin Murray.
Students in the College will be invited to apply for the scholarship in the first semester of the academic year.
• The holder of the scholarship will have the opportunity to perform their work at the end of the summer, which will be used as both a showcase for the recipient and as a means of contributing to the scholarship for the coming year.
• Work submitted will be showcased on the eoinmurray.org. website. Publication in the UCC literary journal the Quarryman is an intended outcome of the scholarship.
More about the scholarship http://eoinmurray.org/apply.html