Carbery Group Scholarship
At a glance
- Value: €10,630 towards fees and a € 2,500 stipend
- This scholarship will also include a work placement
- You must apply for the MSc Co-operatives, Agri-Food and Sustainable Development to be eligible for this scholarship
- Questions on this scholarship should be directed to Olive McCarthy and Noreen Byrne, Programme Directors of the MSc Co-operatives, Agri-Food and Sustainable Development
- Applications should be submitted to Ms Aoife Sammon Programme Administrator email@example.com
Carbery Group is an international dairy, flavours and nutritional ingredients company headquartered in Ballineen, Co. Cork, Ireland. It is owned by four Irish co-operatives, Bandon, Barryroe, Drinagh and Lisavaird, and employs almost 900 people, with 1215 local farmer suppliers. Carbery operates from 10 locations including Ireland, the UK, the USA, Brazil, Italy, Indonesia and Thailand and supplies more than 50 countries worldwide.
The Carbery Group are pleased to support a scholarship annually to a postgraduate student enrolled in UCC's MSc Co-operatives, Agri-Food and Sustainable Development programme.
- Students must secure a minimum Second Class Honours Grade 1 in an approved primary degree or equivalent.
- Students must have applied for the MSc Co-operatives, Agri-Food and Sustainable Development via the UCC Applications System, have received an offer and have accepted a place on the programme to qualify to apply for the Scholarship
- This Scholarship is open to all EU/UK students.
Applications must include a short personal statement in response to the following (max. 500 words):
- What would be of greatest interest / benefit to you in terms of working in Carbery?
A shortlist of students will be chosen and an interview will take place to discuss your application. The judging panel will include the co directors of the programme and a representative from Carbery Group.
Applicants must name at least two referees – one academic and one professional.
Please note if a scholarship holder withdraws from the programme for which s/he has registered or fails to continue throughout the year to meet the attendance and other requirements for the programme, including examination entry, s/he may be required to repay to the College the whole or part of the scholarship.
Opens: May 1st 2021
Closes: August 3rd 2021