ESTEEM Graduate Program - Naughton Fellowship
At a glance
- Value: full tuition, $17,000 stipend for living expenses and full health insurance
- Available to graduate students
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to email@example.com
The Naughton Fellowship for Master's students provides the opportunity for an aspiring graduate student to experience an immersive year abroad. This competitive program is designed to allow future leaders in a STEM field to pursue an advanced degree while also building international relationships and collaborations.
Irish students can earn a Master's degree in one year through ESTEEM. This program immerses a student in a year of graduate-level study of innovation, entrepreneurship, and general business, designed to augment and make more marketable a student's scientific, technical, and engineering skills.
Through the Naughton Fellowship, Irish students can earn a full tuition scholarship, along with a $17,000 stipend for living expenses and full health insurance subsidy for the sponsored student insurance plan.
- Irish undergraduates and those completing a five-year BS+MS program in Ireland who wish to apply for the fellowship must first apply to the ESTEEM program at Notre Dame.
- All Irish students earning an undergraduate degree from Dublin City University, National University of Ireland, Galway, Trinity College Dublin, University College Cork, and University College Dublin who apply to the ESTEEM program will automatically be considered for the Naughton Fellowship.
- Interested students earning an undergraduate degree from another Irish university are welcome to apply and are fully eligible for admission to ESTEEM although they may not be eligible for funding through the Naughton Fellowship.
Interested students may apply for acceptance into ESTEEM at any time; all applicants from Irish institutions will be evaluated together following the Naughton Fellowship deadline. Requirements and process are detailed here, with the following differences noted:
- The application fee is waived for students applying from Ireland. After beginning the application, email ESTEEM to obtain your waiver code.
- The GRE requirement is waived for all Naughton applicants.
- Naughton applicants must have an undergraduate degree from Dublin City University, National University of Ireland, Galway, Trinity College Dublin, University College Cork, and University College Dublin by the time of graduate matriculation.
Personal Statement Guidelines
Your ESTEEM/Naughton personal statement will be uploaded as PDF in the "Essay Short Answer" section of the application. Please limit to 2 pages or approximately 900 words.
Topics covered should include:
- A statement detailing information you believe to be relevant to your application. (Why are you right for ESTEEM? Include relevant academic, non-academic, professional and research-based experiences.)
- A statement explaining why you are choosing to study your chosen course. (Why is ESTEEM right for you?)
- An explanation of how a Naughton Fellowship would be of benefit to you during your studies and in the future. (Why now?)
- Details regarding any non-academic pursuits and achievements, including sports, volunteer work, and other interests.
Significant importance and preference will be given to those Naughton candidates who demonstrate academic excellence; however, the committee will consider several additional criteria, including:
- the interest, ability, and potential of the candidate to study their chosen field;
- the candidate’s capacity to successfully complete the program of study; and
- the candidate’s desire and ability to serve as a cultural ambassador.
Candidates selected for further consideration by the Naughton Fellowship Committee will be invited to interview in Dublin. Fellowship recipients will be notified shortly after selections are made (see Timeline here).
Please visit International Student and Scholar Affairs for visa and other information.