- Researcher of the Year
- Early-Stage Researcher of the Year
- Research Support Person of the Year
- Research Supervisor of the Year
- Research Communicator of the Year
- Research Award for Open Science
- Creating a Culture for Responsible Conduct of Research
- Innovator of the Year
- Consultancy Project of the Year
- Licence of the Year
- Spin-out Company of the Year
- Start-up of the Year
- Best Publication of the Year - Undergraduate Author
- Research Team of the Year
- Research Image of the Year
- Engaged Research of the Year
- Vice-President for Research & Innovation Award for Interdisciplinary Research
- Research Collaboration of the Year
- The President's Award for Research Impacting the Sustainable Development Goals
- Research Career Achievement Award
Research Communicator of the Year
This award recognises researchers who have taken a proactive approach to sharing their research with the general public, thereby raising UCC profile.
Submission formats include:
- Op-Ed in News Outlet (entries must be self-authored and published in a news outlet).
- New Media (entries may include videos, radio segments, podcast, and other works of new media.
- Faculty cited in Media (entries must include quotes or references to UCC research from more than one news article. Entrants must be evaluated based on number of articles in which the faculty member was cited. Faculty affiliation with UCC must be identified).
Submissions must be accessible to and intended for a broad, general public audience. They must be relevant to topics, events and issues of societal impact in the calendar year 2022.
Nominations can be made by any UCC staff member.
How To Apply
To submit a nomination for this award:
- Download and complete the nomination form.
- Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the award category and the name of the nominee in the subject line.
Deadline For Submission
- Friday 28 April 2023, 5pm.
|2022||Professor Hannah Daly||Environmental Research Institute and MaREI|
|2021||Dr Paul Deane||MaREI|